“Seafood in better than meat for Korean tongue”

Saborcolor Restaurant Bar
Ranked #34 of 431 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Saborcolor Restaurant bar, specializing in seafood with a great menu of drinks and Chilean wines located in a building from the early twentieth century on Cerro Concepcion Valparaiso historical heritage of humanity, open every day of the year.
“Seafood in better than meat for Korean tongue”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

A kind of parmasan shrimp risotto is distinguishable.
But the beef steak is smelly for Korean.
The restaurant is in the good atmosphere with kind and friendly staff.

Tacoma, WA, USA
“Delightful restaurant”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend in Santiago, who used to live in Valparaiso. We were delighted by the manager's warm greeting, the complementary pisco sours, and our delicious lunch - salad and mussels with a Chilean white wine. The food was beautifully presented. A purple wall next to a lime green wall was a pleasant surprise, making our lunch simply delightful. I would recommend this restaurant as a beautiful respite from Valparaiso's sometimes gritty streets.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Tacoma
Townsville, Australia
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My friend and I had a 70th birthday dinner here. Excellent Pisco sour, prawns with Parmesan, huge South American steak and a good bottle of wine, about $A60.
Really good and excellent value

Visited March 2014
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful characteristic Chilean bistro serves excellent food”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We very much enjoyed our dinner at Sabor Color (or Saborcolor -- they seem to be pretty loose about the exact spelling). It had been recommended by our hotel, despite the fact the hotel itself had a gourmet restaurant of its own. So it is highly thought of by locals in Valparaiso. We enjoyed sharing a spectacularly delicious beef pot roast -- I can't remember what it was called in Spanish, but it was one of the best beef pot roasts I have ever tasted. The slabs of beef were served on mounds of mashed potatoes and mashed legumes. I swear I would go back to Valparaiso just to have that again. The serving was easily enough for us to share. We also shared a large traditional Chilean salad with tomatoes, hearts of palm, and braised mushrooms on a bed of lettuce. All this was washed down by ample glasses of superb Chilean carmenérè red wine. There were several extremely romantic couples there with us, so I can say, yes, this is a very romantic place to take your loved one. Highest possible recommendation!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rick049
Roanoke, Texas
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here and ordered a bottle of wine, ceviche, both meat dishes and a chocolate dessert. The only bad thing I can say is they forgot our ceviche, but I was stuffed and thankful they did. The slow cooked meat dish was a 9 and the beef dish was a 10! My husband is not a chef, but very picky and "eloquent" cook, if I can say that. The best meal we've had so far here in Chile aside from lunch in Quintay today. Awesome! Good location to our hotel and reasonably priced for our experience here in Chile so far. This is fine dining, not fast food or cafe.

Visited January 2014