“Fabulous apartment in a great location.”

Casa Galos Hotel & Lofts
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Valparaiso
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed 6 nights in apartment No.2. Very spacious well appointed split level. Casa Galos is in a great location in Cerro Alegre. Close to good restaurants and easy acces to many tourist attractions. Just walking round the Cerro Alegre area is facinating. The staff of Casa Galos were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and tour itineraries in the surrounding area and advice on using public transport. A very comfortable and friendly apart hotel. I would definitely stay here again if returning to Valparaiso.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Third time in Valparaiso and by far this was my favorite place to stay. Wonderful loft for such a good price. The location is perfect. Juan Carlos made the stay that much better. He had the best recommendations for restaurants and day trips. Can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 26 January 2014

One of the highlights of our trip to Chile. We stayed there with my wife and 22 year old son. The room was great, our son slept donwstairs and I slept upstairs with my wife. The location is in the heart of Valparaiso but very quiet at the same time. The 2-floor room is absolutely beautiful, with great furniture and decoration. The people are very friendly, they took 30' when we arrived to explain us all the things to do and places to visit around the hotel. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivier D
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Valparaiso is a gem. Not to be missed by anyone who enjoys art (especially street art) and/or being inspired by culture, travel, or architecture. An incredibly important port that once was the first point of call to the rest of the world via the Pacific Ocean.

Steeped in important history, at times jaw dropping street graffiti art, and delicious traditional and fusion Chilean restaurants Valparaiso has Casa Galos - a gem of an apartment hotel very much amongst awe inspiring surroundings. The location is perfect, the lovely timber decor, the high ceiling apartment was a perfect entry point to discover the Chilean cultural capital. Jorge, the host speaks fantastic English and French and is by far in all of my travels the most helpful not only with making sure the guest is comfortable, but also at providing in depth advice as to the best ways to experience a place which he believes (as do I now) one of the most important culture cities of the world.

Highly suggested: take Jorge up on the tour he hosts himself which can also be found on Trip Advisor - "Perro tour Valparaiso". I was lucky enough to take the tour by myself and I can honestly say it was one of the best days of travel I have ever experienced. I am in Valpo for two more days but due to the time Jorge took to show me the love of his town I am already excited about my return. Can't recommend this hotel and it's staff enough.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank timwmc
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My best friend and I booked four nights at Casa Galos after googling the best hotels in Valparaiso. We could not have been happier with our decision. This little gem of a "hotel" was located in the heart of Valparaiso. The views, nearby restaurants and overall ambience of the loft was absolutely perfect. The front desk staff was so friendly and helpful - Jaime was so great and helped us with all of our needs, ranging from dinner reservations to learning the language. He became our go-to guy and our trip would not have been the same without his friendly nature and awesome words of advise. I would highly recommend this special little loft apartment over any other accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristin B
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Casa Galos recently. Our room was very big, clean, and had lovely large windows. The kitchen was well-equipped and supplied basic cooking supplies as well (olive oil, salt & pepper, etc.) The breakfast was nice, though for some reason our breakfast was only re-stocked 2 of the 3 days we were there.

The service at the hotel is high-quality. Our reception to the hotel was fantastic and we were given lots of tips of things to see and do. We stayed over Christmas, and, like most places, the city basically shuts down that day. The front desk pointed us toward the one nice place in town that was actually open, and even made a reservation for us (which, since we speak Spanish, we could have done for ourselves!)

One tip for travellers: As a few reviewers have mentioned, the traffic roaring down the cobblestone street in from of the hotel is pretty loud and starts early in the morning, so I would highly recommend bringing earplugs for sleeping. We also found them helpful on 3AM Christmas morning when we woke to the sounds of a crowd drunkenly singing Christmas songs in the street! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cdn_in_Peru
Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's hard to tell from the discreet street entrance what a great surprise awaits when you go up to the reception area and into the rooms. Our room was a design masterpiece, on 2 floors and looking exactly like the pictures on the web. The wool wall hanging was made by the daughter of the owner and could hang in an exhibition.The 20 foot tall windows look out for your enjoyment onto the day to day life of residents and tourists as they make their way up and down the streets.

Breakfast ingredients are in the fridge - eggs, marmalade, honey, milk are there, and fresh bread is hung on your doorknob at 9 am every morning. Even better, there is a full array of cups, wineglasses, cutting knives and even a casserole dish.

The two man staff was great. A special note about the trouble Juan Carlos went to to track down a jeweller who told us he would be open on our last day, but wasn't. Thanks to Juan Carlos he got out of bed and came down to the shop after all.

The location is superb - right at the top of Cerro Alegre in the heart of the interesting part of Valparaiso. Lots of restaurants and shops within a short walking distance.

You are warned that the hot water tank only holds 15 minutes worth of hot water, but 2 people can easily work around that by taking short showers or waiting for the tank to fill up again.

It is rare for us to award 5 stars, but this place deserves it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple