“Not the greatest” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amazonia

Ranked #451 of 696 things to do in Ecuador
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's largest rainforest, measuring 2.5 million square miles, touches several South American countries including Brazil and Ecuador.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not the greatest”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I went here for 3 day package for 22o bucks. I would never ever go back. The bus ride out is 6 hours. Then it another 2 hour bus out to the bridge. Then another 2 hours by boat to the lodge. The lodge is average at best. Very little hot water. The food is very basic. They stack the carbohydrates on you heavy. Lots of rice and pasta. My blind mom can cook better. Safety is a serious problem. Lots of panga drivers will drive full throttle during hour of darkness to get you back to lodge. They will use no lights which is utterly stupid. I did not feel safe at all. There rational was they see better with lights off and that's why they drive fast. What happens if a tree gets in your way??? Your 6 hours from any reasonable medical care which means your dead. Safety is not a concern for these people.

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“8 Days Classic Ecuador & Amazon Adventure via Gate1Travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have always wanted to see the Amazon jungle at least once in my lifetime, hence the reason for me going on this tour. Ecuador was suppose to be an added bonus, but let me tell you, this trip would not have been what it was if we hadn't gotten a tour of Ecuador also. If you are one of those travelers who love a little combo of both nature and the city life, you will enjoy this trip...and it wasn't just a trip; it was truly an amazing adventure.
I went on this trip toward the end of June with a couple of friends, our very first international tour trip. The trip with Gate1Travel overall was very organized, in a timely manner, and very safe. What made this trip extra special was the places we stayed at and the activities we got to do. The places that Gate1Travel chose for us to stay at each night, from the elegant hotel Quito to the thermal hot springs to the tiny cottages by the lake to the room with panoramic view of Ecuadorian valley, all were very unique, and each being beautiful in its own way. Our tour manager, Antonio, was very knowledgeable. Because of him, we were able to squeeze in some extra activities that we wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Overall this trip was worth every penny and it definitely exceeded our expectations.

Visited June 2013