We booked this hostal based on very good reviews and could not have been more wrong.
-the breakfast, although they advertise to serve it from 8am till 10am, they are never ready and start serving at 8:30.
The breakfast is quite filling, fruit, eggs, bread, jam, coffee, tea, juice.
But if you can not make it in this time frame, do not expect you can get anything. Our plane was very early and we asked the old woman if we can have hard boiled eggs in the evening before so that we can eat it at the airport, since we will miss the breakfast, I was given a lecture how she will not do anything just because her guest has to leave early, that's what I call "service".
- the luggage storage if you need to leave a bag behind while you travel let's say to Galapagos
- help with taxi- they have some taxi drivers who charge reasonable rates and if you need to be picked up early in the morning, the owners will arrange a reliable transport
-the rooms are grubby, uninviting, bed covers were stained, the shower was in such state that we actually skipped it.
We stayed at two different rooms between the trips, one of them was on the back yard, pleasantly away from the noise of the main building (room 11).
The second one was, unfortunately on the ground floor of the hostal, not only we heard every word spoken in the area, but our door knob did not work, so either we had to leave the doors opened or had to lock it every single time one of us went out to organize something.
- access- this is annoying arrangement as every time you are returning to the hostal, you have to ring a bell for them to open the main gate. The bell is very loud, so that they can hear it, but it means if someone is out till 2am, they still ring this piercing bell and wake up not only the owners but the travelers, too.
- main gate - they do not allow visitors in the hostal at all, hence the gate access, however during the day you can bypass this "security" by using the wide opened gate of the hairdresser next door, who shares the same yard as the hostal.
- the location, it would be good, not too far from the main area, on quieter street, but it is right next to the school, so at 7 am we were woken up by the kids screaming
- the service. Luz, the old woman seems to pick and choose her favorites and since our Spanish was not so fluent, we were out of luck. Her daughter promised me to make a call to the local airlines to confirm our reservation, when I could not find her, I asked Luz to help. Her reply was that this is not something they do, if I want to make the call, I need to go to the phone booth.
Wy to stay in hostal where both the rooms and the service are inferior.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Hostel Galapagos Natural Life reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Galapagos Natural Life Hotel Quito