“Simply wonderful”

NU House Boutique Hotel
Ranked #35 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 24 April 2011

nu house was our stop in and out of Ecuador as we went to Galapagos Islands. We are so happy to have stayed at this very hip hotel. It was a perfect way to start and end our vacation. The service in this hotel is 5 stars. Everyone is so friendly from the moment you come in. My wife and I always look for off beat hotels and try stay away from the big chains - and nu house was a great pick. The location is superb - you are in the heart of the very trendy PLaza Foch. The hotel has 3 great restaurants - we only tried two and both were very good. The mojitos in the beach bistro were great. The Q below the hotel was great place to enjoy some bites and people watch in the plaza. The rooms are very comfortable and the shower was a blast - literally. One of the best water pressure showers I have tried - I want that in our house. Although, we heard about the safety in Quito - we have to say we felt very safe in the hotel and the surrounding area. And it does seem that all of Quito is in the Plaza. A very unique place. We had a wonderful stay in nu house and highly recommend it to all visiting Quito.

Room Tip: go to their home page for special price
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StetsonMiami

Reviewed 16 April 2011

The service here is fantastic, everyone went out of their way to make eye contact, smile and welcome us every time we saw them. We were picked up at the airport in a new shuttle van by a very friendly driver. The front desk staff was outstanding, I've never met a friendlier bunch. They let me use my beginner Spanish and switched to English when I really needed to. The hotel provides a free welcome drink which is nice when you arrive and just want to get your bearings and watch the crowds of people Plaza Foch. The location is rocking on the weekends, everything settles down at about 4am. The music from the bar across the street might keep you awake but we found the A/C it provided enough white noise that we slept very soundly. Best, HOT & strongest shower in Ecuador! WIFI in the lobby. The included Breakfast was so-so. The coffee and juice were fantastic but the couple of hot dishes always felt like there was not enough when our family of 4 arrived, there would only be one spoonful of egg or one spoonful of rice, no matter what time we showed up. My suggestion would be EITHER keep the platters filled (and live with the waste) or just take our order for eggs for each person who wants them & serve it restaurant style (instead of hot buffet). OR just forget the HOT buffet altogether and focus on good breads, rolls, & fruits, granola, yoghurt. Maybe as Canadians we're spoiled but when we see a buffet we expect it to be spectacular heaps of food! Anyway, Great hotel, great location. Comfy beds. We stayed here twice during our trip (4 nights altogether) and would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jandou
Reviewed 14 April 2011

nu house is a boutique hotel with many great services and amenities. The hotel is very modern but at the same time has a warmness about it. The rooms that our company got us were great. Although, they didn't get us the big suites :(. The rooms have plasma TVs, cable, safe, air conditioning etc. Everything was very good quality. The bathroom were very modern with stone throughout and the shower pressure was excellent. We loved everything but I think the best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right on a fun and entertaining plaza with many restaurants, bars, etc. It seems that everyone in Quito and tourists as well end up here. We didn't find another place in Quito like this. The hotel has 4 restaurants so just the hotel alone has many fun options. We didn't do much sightseeing since it was a business trip but we really enjoyed hanging out at the Q restaurant at night which is right on the plaza. On our next trip I will not even bother looking at another hotel in Quito. This is a great option.

Room Tip: Get the rooms online from the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JuanPabloSpain
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I just left Nu House after 3 nights. I really enjoyed this hotel. It is a very good and safe location. The hotel picked me up from the Airport without a problem. The staff speaks very good english. They went very out of their way to make sure I had a good stay. There was one time that the two computers in the business center were being used. One of the front desk managers allowed me to use his internet in his office. The second thing that they did for me was to help me with LAN. I was having trouble with my reservations and they spoke with LAN and got it straightened out.

I used the hotel driver, Christain, twice. He was very nice and speaks good English. He and I had a fun time practicing both his English and my Spanish. He took me to Mitad del Mundo and to Otavalo. I would recommend using him!

The only slight complaint I have about this hotel is that it is a bit noisey until around 11. My room was right off the square so I could hear music. They have double pane windows but the sound still gets through.

This hotel is first class for less than many of the traditional chains in Quito. You have a beautiful room, heat, air, hot water, cable, flat screeen tv, safety deposit boxes and mini bar. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: ask for room off the square -
Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank dogluverSanDiego
Reviewed 25 March 2011

This hotel is by far, the best choice for those wanting to stay in the best neighborhood in Quito. I stayed at another hotel for part of my trip, and while it was nice enough, Nu House was just outstanding. The area is great for tourists and for those who like to drink fantastic mojitos at reasonable prices. For the price of a regular, low end room in Manhattan, I stayed in their jacuzzi suite and enjoyed amazing views of the city right from my bath tub. It just doesn't get any better. The staff was extremely friendly and the front desk clerks all knew English. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoooBoooBear
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Just came back from a business trip to Quito. Stayed a week in this great hotel and simply loved the hospitality, the cool look and most importantly the location. I don't think we could have picked a better location to stay in Quito. It was easy to get to meetings from here and at night you dont even have to leave the plaza. We didn't really feel like venturing out at night since we had long work days but we loved going down to the plaza and relax at night. The hotel has great restaurants - our favorite was the beach themed one. Tons of action going on at night and we were all more than pleasantly surprised that the rooms were not noisy at all. Not sure if we got a new room but we had no problem sleeping. The room was a good size and the service was top-notch. Also a great shower helped make our stay that much better. The staff in the hotel are doing a great job. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all. Look forward to going back to Quito on a vacation. Seems wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AustinDell
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed 2 nights at Nu House. When we checked in they gave us keys to a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. We went back to the front desk and told them that the room was dirty. We didn't complain, but just asked for a different room. As an apology they gave us the suite on the top floor for our stay. It was extremely nice of them to give us the suite, even though it wasn't expected nor requested. The Nu House was clean, modern, friendly, and safe. The only complaint that I have are the loud restaurants and bars next to the hotel. Loud music was played late into the night. If you want to sleep before 3 am, you may want to look elsewhere for a hotel or bring earplugs.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple