“a fine stay in Quito” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 114 Hotels in Quito
Berkshires
“a fine stay in Quito”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the NU House Boutique Hotel bookending a multi-day trip to Galapagos. As many of the other reviewers have said, the hotel is right off of Plaza Foch, in a part of Quito with many restaurants and clubs. The area was largely geared towards tourists (and there were many of them), which isn't always a bad thing and for us this was a nice change of pace from spending time in the old town areas of Quito and Cuenca.

The service at the hotel was attentive and our room was clean and well appointed. They provided two bottles of water and also had coffee and filtered water available for guests, free of charge, in the lobby. The one criticism of the room itself is that the bathroom, which was internal in the building had poor lighting. Otherwise, thm was an affordable, if not unique, room for a large city. For both stays, the room we were in had twin beds. I don't know if they have many rooms with larger beds. So, it wasn't ideal traveling as a couple, but we dealt with it. Otherwise, the room was an affordable, if not unique, room for a large city.

We were there on Thursday and Friday nights and the noise and music coming from the main square was indeed loud. It didn't bother us too much, but I can see where some might not like it. If this is an issue for someone, they should consider requesting a room not facing the plaza.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments. The Nu House Boutique Hotel is located in a very strategic place where you can find everything nearby, either for business or pleasure, we are the best lodgment option. Our main purpose is to provide an excellence service and our staff is well trained to help you in any requirement you might need during your stay, for example if you need a bigger room, depending on how you´ve made your reservation, we can help you by changing you into another room. Our rooms are fully equipped and you will have everything you might need during your stay. We are going to take in consideration all your suggestion to achieve the desired excellence.

On behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel staff, we would like to invite you to come and visit us again, it will a pleasure to assist you again.

NU HOUSE BOUTIQUE HOTEL.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights. My room was massive and spotlessly clean - you could have eaten off the floor, and the staff were courteous and helpful. It's in a great location and very safe. Other people had problems with the noise level but my room was facing the piazza with all the restaurants, bars etc and I didn't even notice the noise.

But I did have two problems with this hotel. The first was that my airport transfer, which I had booked one month in advance and reconfirmed two days before my arrival, was not waiting for me and, as I was a female arriving in Quito at 1am this was an enormous problem that caused a high amount of stress. When I rang the hotel to ask where it was the male night receptionist told me to "take a taxi". Not a very intelligent reply and completely lacking empathy for the fact I was ALONE AT 1AM IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. Obviously this man has never read a newspaper in his life - otherwise he would know what can happen to female tourists who take taxis alone at 1am in foreign cities. Had a I wanted to take a taxi alone at 1am I would have just done so and not even bothered to organise a transfer. The next day the hotel told me they wouldn't charge me for the transfer - thinking this would just erase the stress I had been faced with. It didn't. But at least the lovely female manager I spoke with understood my situation and apologised for her colleague's lack of understanding.

The other problem I had with this hotel was that I was quoted one price for a private guide and upon arrival the guide for that price "wasn't available" - even though I had booked him a month earlier, so I had to use another guide that cost more. On top of this the hotel gave themselves a tip on my final bill without my authorisation to do so. I normally do tip hotels that give great service - but as my budget had already been stretched by the extra money I had to pay the guide I felt that this was a bit rich.

The hotel itself was very nice but I don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments, we really appreciate them. I was reading your problem I would like to express my apologies for the major inconvenience you had, we are going to analyze your case in order to avoid future inconvenience. Unfortunately, we depend on external transportation companies that provide the transfer service for us, and of course it´s out of our hands and we cannot do anything about it when this company did not accomplish its tasks, but I will defintely complain about it. However I personally talk to the transportation company and they were there, waiting for you but due to a mistyping of the transportation´s staff, you experienced a problem. It´s very important to mention that we do have some special arrangements with secure taxis that work inside the airport that is why the front desk clerk told you to take a cab but maybe it was not the subtle way, we are going to work harder in order to achieve the desire excellence in customer service.

On the other hand, our hotel staff provide you all facilities to make your trip unforgettable, but as we don´t provide tours as ourselves we have to hire third parties to give that service, regrettable it seems to be a misunderstanding on the trip cost. According to your suggestions we are going to take them in consideration.

Despite this issues, on behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel Staff, we would like to invite you to come and visit us again, you won´t regret it and we expect to surpass your expectations.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I travel to Quito often to a point where I finally decided to rent an apartment. However for the past 6 months I always stayed at the Nu House hotel. I always had a suite on the top flow with a fantastic view of Plaza Foch and a nice terrace.
The suites are very modern and well equipped.
The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The hotel is associated with the Q Bar right around the corner where you get your breakfast and stop on your way home for a beer or cocktail.
The only downside is the noise - but that is expected when you stay in the middle of the nightlife - bring ear plugs :)
Plaza Foch is lively and has many good bars around.

Room Tip: Go for the suite
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments and of course for your loyalty with the Nu House Boutique Hotel. Our rooms are very well equipped and they have everything you might need during your stay therefore you´ll have a comfortable stay. Our hotel is well located and you can find everything you´re looking for just a few steps from us, either for business or pleasure we are the lodgment option.

The Nu House Boutique Hotel is very please to inform you that we´ve installed sound proof windows in order to minimize the noise caused by the area, in case you need assistance with this issue, our well trained staff will help you at any time. Our main purpose is make you fell as you were home.

On behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel staff, we would like to invite you to come and visit us again.

Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

It is located in Plaza Foch, in the middle of Quito's nightlife. The hotel was clean and the staff very polite. They don't have parking but offer valet service. We had a nice experience.
The view from our room was not nice, we saw the restaurant's kitchen in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Veronica H
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments, we really appreciate them. As you mentioned, the Nu House Boutique Hotel is located in a very strategic place where you can find everything nearby, either for business or pleasure we are the best lodgment option. We are sorry for your view inconvenience, but our staff is ready to assist and help you in any requirement you might need during your stay.

On behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel staff, we would like to invite to come and visit us again.

We hope to see you soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Right off the main square in the entertainment area. Got a bad room, with no thermostat, they then gave me a better room with one. Friendly staff, great laundry across the street. Bkfast was ok. Wifi in lobby good, in the room was fair. Fiber was being pulled one road away, Hotel should invest.

No gym, drink passes were nice, bathroom a bit small.

Cycling Dutchman great
El Fogon Manabita, great for lunch reach cheap
Santa Roas market

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jasper867
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments. As you mentioned the Nu House Boutique Hotel is located in a very strategic place where you can find everything nearby, either for business or pleasure we are the best option. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay, however we´ll take in consideration your experience in order to achieve the excellence.

On behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel staff, we would like to invite you to come and visit us again, it would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Best Regads,
NU HOUSE BOUTIQUE HOTEL002E
Cuenca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a really good hotel, we enjoyed the service and the staff very polite and cheerful. The room was also very good and bed was really confotable and clean. Also we enjoyed the breakfast and a welcome drinkfor free!
For sure we recommend this hotel!!! We love this amazing experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ana M
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments. The Nu House Boutique Hotel staff is very please for your amazing experience. Our main purpose is to make you feel as you were home, and of course surpass your lodgment expectative.

We would like to invite to come and visit us again; it would be a pleasure to attend you.

Belo Horizonte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great boutique hotel! It is located in Plaza Foch, the heart of Quito's nightlife and there are great restaurants around too. The hotel was always clean and the staff very polite. Breakfast is good, too. The only thing that is not so nice is that you have to park your car in a public parking lot one block away (but it's free of charge). I strongly recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rachelsmartins
NuHouseBoutiqueHotel, Alejandro Bonilla, Gerente de Operaciones at NU House Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments. As you mentioned, the Nu House Boutique Hotel is located in a very strategic place where you can find everything a few steps from our hotel, either for business or pleasure we are the best option in lodgment. Our staff is very kind, friendly and well trained therefore we can help you with any requirement you might need during your stay. We would like to apologize for this parking issue but is just a few steps from our hotel and if you need help we can provide you valet parking, which is one of our services too.

On behalf of the Nu House Boutique Hotel staff, we would like to invite you once again to come and visit us.