NU House Boutique Hotel
US$153
US$75
US$192
US$143
All reviewsplaza fochgreat hotelwelcome drinkrestaurants and barsdidn t botherawesome showerdouble windowsfree breakfastnightlife districtnight lifea lot of noisenoisy at nightmini barvisited quitoreception deskthe main squarecouple of nights
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This hotel was in the best location in Quito! For tourists who want to be in the middle of restaurants, cafes, and bars, this was a great hotel. The hotel rooms themselves were small but nicely decorated, extremely clean, and with great amenities. They have 32" flat screen tvs with lots of channels, a gorgeous bathroom, nice decorations, etc.
The included breakfast (in the adjoining restaurant) is good, the welcome drink is a nice plus, and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful.
The location is also great for hailing a cab.
The only downside? If you are checking into the hotel on a Friday or Saturday night, cabs won't drop you off right in front of the hotel and you might have to walk a few blocks. On the same note, if you are a light sleeper, you might need earplugs on Fri or Sat. nights as there are lots of bars and restaurants close by.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I stayed here for a few days and found the hotel to be very pleasant. The room was good (a bit small and not much room to put luggage) ; good location and the staff were helpful & pleasant.
There was no internet but pleanty of cafes / bars with free wifi and other internet locations around.

There was breakfast included but I only went once and afterwards prefered to pay a few dollars and eat at much better places. If you come out of the hotel and turn left there is a great restaurant/cafe on the corner which was good for breakfast & fresh juices.

I had to stay at a cheaper hotel on my last night and the difference was vast..... and the price difference was not so great really - wished I had stayed an extra night at the Nu House.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2009

I just returned from my week-long stay in Quito and at the nu house hotel visiting my fiancée's family in Ecuador. My future brother-in-law chose the hotel for me. He was right on target with this pick. I had a amazing time in Quito and at the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised at the look of the place - very trendy and cool. I was staying at the suite and received a complimentary bottle of bubbly (I figured they were aware that I had just been engaged). The staff was really great and extremely attentive. They made me feel like I was home. The location was great for going out at night since literally all you have to do is step out and everything is there. The hotel suite was very modern with a private terrace, flat screen tvs, jacuzzi etc. But what I really loved about the suite was the shower. It is one of the best showers I have tried in a hotel. It hit the spot after a long day of sightseeing and being with the future in-laws. The restaurants downstairs were pretty much packed every night and opened late which was a plus for late nightcaps. It did get very crowded during the weekend - but I enjoyed that. Well normally I don't write reviews but my stay here was so much fun that I decided to share. Overall, the cool factor is very high in nu house and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Nu during a Dec-Jan 2009 trip to Peru and Ecuador. Due to flight problems we arrived in Quito approximately 4am, but happily our transport was there and we were quickly checked into Hotel Nu. It was clean, in a safe part of town with great food and bars nearby. We had huge windows facing the plaza which did cause some noise, but it didn´t bother me. The shower was AWESOME compared to most we had in South America- HOT water and great water pressure. The Hotel was very helpful with luggage storage during our trips out from Quito as well. I recommend it without reservation!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tennesseeoptimist
Reviewed 9 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here and absolutely loved it! The hotel is very modern, the theme color theme of the hotel is rather dark but contrasted with bright reds and whites. Although the room was small with a tiny window (not good view be sure to request a room facing the plaza) it was well decorated and clean with a comforter of very high quality and comfy bed. The bathroom was very clean somewhat small but had a large shower with an excellent shower head.

The location of NU house is great too; it is right in the middle of Mariscal Fosch a great area to go to dinner as well as party the night away.

I would recommend booking with octopustravel.com when I booked the hotel they seemed to have the best price; we printed out the voucher and had no problem checking in.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple