“Good deal price wise but careless attitude from the owners”
Review of Travellers Inn

Travellers Inn
Ranked #17 of 281 Speciality Lodging in Quito
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on my latest trip to Ecuador. The price for a singe the room with a shared bathroom was $19 a night and the facilities were acceptable. They also serve a decent breakfast in the morning. My only problem was the careless attitude of the owners to some of the guests such as myself. As I later found out there are similar hotels in the area for about the same price so I would not stay here again and even if I have to pay a bit more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights at this delightful hotel. We had a large room with en suite and plenty of cupboard space. The breakfasts were great, plenty to eat.
It was a short walk to restaurants and banks and the owners were extremely helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here three times because it was such a nice place. The staff was friendly and most of them spoke English, it is secure, good location and really good breakfast. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vimpimus
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on two separate occasions, that's how much we liked it here.

It is located in the new town, quite close to the touristie plaza. We felt safe walking in this neighbourhood.

We stayed in a private ensuite with two doubled beds. Spacious room and bathroom. It is super clean, cleaned daily.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Day staff speak english but the overnight staff do not.

Free breakfast is delicious. Laundry is cheap. You can watch movies in the common room.

We recommend the Indian restaurant on the street corner.

Some negatives include: Recommend room blinds should be fixed so that the room can be darker. Wifi was slow in our room. A bit noisy with the floor boards but this can be manageable.

NOTE: beware of the Trolle bus. They are usually full of people and cramped. Mu phone was stolen there. Take a taxi instead if going to the old town, around $3.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent five nights at the Travellers Inn before flying to the Galapagos Islands.

It is a family-run hostel and a converted stately home which retains much of its original stately qualities. Throughout our stay they were more than happy to help and advise us with any requests we had. Calling cabs, recommending places to eat and drink, advising where to go for the Quito night bus tour.

We stayed in a downstairs double bedroom. It was simple, clean and spacious. It was adequate and our needs were met.

The hostel is located close to places of interest in Quito but also far enough from the hustle and bustle on the streets so you are not kept up at night. Although the hostel is tucked away on a quiet side street the owners were able to recommend a number of nearby spots with bars and restaurants only a 5-minute walk away. They provided an amazing breakfast and organized superb tours in and around Quito. We approached them for separate day tours to Cotopaxi and Quilotoa and Carlos was able to organize each trip for the next day. Diego, who doubled as our driver and guide, had a great sense of humor and displayed a lot of interesting knowledge during both tours.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience staying here. If we return to Quito we would definitely stay here again!

Travelled as a couple. March 2014.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for five days before heading to the Galápagos. The hostel has a great breakfast and was in an okay part of town. You'll have to walk quite always to see the sights. We didn't have access to a kitchen to store food or cold beverages.

The reason for the poor rating is that we used their laundry service and once it came back we just tossed it in out backpacks so we would have fresh clean clothes in the Galápagos. When we pulled out of clothes we noticed that everything we had sent for washing had come back with some sort of black grease spots and streaks. The clothes were not destroyed but they do all have marks on them now. We have trouble believing that the staff that serviced our laundry didn't notice the marks on the clothes as they folded it. For this reason we chose to stay at a different hostel when we came back from the Galápagos.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I can't say anything really stuck out about this hotel. I came with one of my friends and we had a room in the basement that was clean and basic as well as spacious. The hotel is not in the best part of town and they encouraged us to come back to the hotel every evening and not venture out. Breakfast in the morning is a nice feature, but my real complaint came during check out. I had book the hotel through Booking.com and upon check out the Internet was down and was told I had to pay in cash since I couldn't access my PayPal account. I thought this was unreasonable and they should have specified that they did not accept any credit cards and as a result my friend and I were scrambling for cash at the last minute. I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to groups of female travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends