“Go for the daily menu!”
Review of El Maple

El Maple
Ranked #101 of 1,616 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Go for the daily menu, but avoid the à la carte menu!
Their almuerzo is a bit more expensive than in other restaurants, but you can say they play at a higher level.
However, avoid their à la carte menu. We ordered the house burger, the main reason was because there was no faux meat and (sweet...) ketchup on it. Big was our surprise when they served this burger after 35 minutes (we were the only customers) with (amongst other ingredients) faux meat (ham) and ketchup in between a old bun...

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This restaurant was highly recommended by my son's teacher, and Lonely Planet. I ordered the lunch plate - great value, not wow, fantastic, but filling. The menu offers a fantastic breadth of mulit-ethnic vegetarian meals. Great value! Friendly service too!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Excellent vegan food ranging from vegan versions of traditional Ecuadorian dishes to more typical vegan fare. Our Ecuadorian mountain guide, who'd never eaten vegan, loved it too. Interesting, cozy, and comfortable setting- loved the original art.

1  Thank Barbara_DurhamNC
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I didn't get the daily plate as I'm not fond of sugary juice and I am gluten free. I ordered their salad with baked vegetables. It was excellent for 4.5. Their coffee was soso. A nice change from the salads I'd been eating.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

It changes from day to day, the the overall menu was pretty decent. It costs $5 and comes with an appetizer, soup, main course, dessert and juice. Very filling!