“Main courses are too oily”

Fried Bananas Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 1,487 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Ecuadorean, Healthy, Grill, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fried Bananas is a cozy restaurant with a casual and relaxed atmosphere, right next to the main tourist plaza in La Mariscal. Our prices are much lower than one would expect given the quality of the food and service. We feature a variety of seafood, Ecuadorian specialties, grilled dishes, pasta, salads, vegetarian delights and more; all creatively prepared and as fresh as can be.You will want to be sure to save room for one of our signature desserts.I suggest checking out our website where you can browse the menu, read reviews and get more information about us.HOURS OF OPERATION: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 12:30-20:30 SATURDAY 12:30 16:30
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The only point of difference this restaurant might have is prices. However main courses were not tasty and was extremely oily.
Settings are quite nice and the dessert made of bananas and nuts was delicious.
If I gave it another chance, I would just go for salads!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I really like the chef that runs this restaurant. She puts a lot of care into all the small details of her place.

1  Thank Timothy D
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We ate here with a group of friends who all ordered different dishes. The presentation of the food was lovely. And the prices were extremely reasonable, so we couldn't resist ordering an appetizer as well as dessert! Our shared appetizer was grilled mozzarella cheese with honey which I would actually order as a dessert if I were to have it again; very sweet, rich, and indulgent. My main dish was pollo (chicken) with steamed vegetables and yucca. Delicious. My husband has trout, with rice, yucca, vegetables, and plantain. He found the trout to be strongly fishy. We ordered the cooked bananas with raisins to share for dessert. It was delicious and beautifully presented. We each had Sprite to drink. With tax and tip the bill for the two of us was $26. I would definitely dine here again.

2  Thank Susan_1611
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I absolutely loved this place. OK it is down a dimly lit side street but once inside it is a delight.

Great value for money and great food. Thoroughly recommended
xx

1  Thank DorsetJilly
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Away from the hurly burly of Plaza Foch but still close enough to be convenient this lovely restaurant has wonderful Ecuadorian food at totally reasonable prices in a quiet atmosphere with respectful but not ostentatious service. You have to try one of the mozzarella raclettes, the traditional shrimp and rice and, of course, the fried bananas for dessert. We ate in more than half a dozen restaurants in Quito and this one was head and shoulders above all the others for great food, great service and great value. We went back three times, sent lots of other people there and neither we nor they were ever disappointed. The only criticism is that its 8:30pm closing time is too early for those later evening dinners. (Don't be put off by the locked door. It's a security thing and you just knock and they let you in straight away.)

1  Thank Jonathan L