“Amazing 3-day ride!”
Review of Green Horse Ranch

Green Horse Ranch
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Wonderful horses, beautiful scenery and helpful guides! Can not say enough good about Astrid and her outfit. So happy we were able to book despite waiting till the last minute. Pick-up in Quito was perfect, drive was scenic and the crater itself is other worldly. My boyfriend and I enjoyed every minute of our trip. He is a intermediate rider and LOVED Aquarella (sorry for spelling?), she was such a steady good girl. As an advanced rider, I loved Smeagol. He is a little guy with a big heart, always leading the charge on the canters. We had 5 guests total with 2 guides the first two days and a third guide joined the last day for the challenging part, so very personal and professional as well as safe. The lovely home stay we had for two nights was a highlight of our 3-weeks in Ecuador. We were treated to the best homemade food, organic coffee grown on property and delightful company from Soledad and her family.

1  Thank Mike D

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great day with spectacular views from the crater floor. Horses were well trained and a very good lunch included. Staff were great!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Drop dead gorgeous scenery. Professionally guided with happy horses. Delicious local lunch included. One of only two inhabited volcanic craters in the world. Reminded me of Hawaii.

1  Thank Carole N
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

My first try to thank all of our commentators! Am certainly not as good in computers as in horse-back riding!
Thank you all who have taken the time and the effort to sit down after the holiday and write notes and recommendations, and of course the helpful critiques. This is not evident at all and helps us small and "remote" operators enormously. Most of all, it makes all of us, who we are working at the ranch, happy to hear you enjoyed your ride with us!
In this case, special thanks to you, Carole, and of course we hope to see you again soon at the ranch!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've only been on a horse twice in my life, and I'm not sure why I wanted to do this day trip, but I did it and have no regrets! It was a lot of fun. Astrid paired me with a horse that was fairly 'relaxed' and I wasn't nervous at all. My husband and I were the only 2 people that booked for the day, so we got lots of attention and felt very comfortable. The area is beautiful and it was great to get out of Quito for a day and see the countryside in a different way. I'd highly recommend it.

1  Thank SBJEinToronto
Greenhorseranch, Propietario at Green Horse Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you so much, Susan, great you enjoyed your ride with us! Sunny Equator-greetings to Canada! Astrid

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Amazing three, full days on horseback with Astrid. Great care taken in assessing skills of rider to make sure horse is right. Superb planned route through the Cloud Forrest on tracks seldom used - with coffee beans and orchids growing, dripping with velvet ferns, stunning scenery and views. Hacienda where the overnight stays were was excellent - great food. All in all a great experience to remember for life. Such friendly and helpful staff at the ranch - Astrid was great!

Highly recommend.

Dear Liz, now that I finally found out how to reply to comments on Tripadvisor, I want to complement my e-mail by saying "thank you" in this place as well. - Reading your description makes me realize again, how lucky I am to do what I'm doing. Enjoying these admireable horses and amazing scenery all the time. And most of all meeting such great, interesting, inspiring people like yourself from all over world. Really greatful! Thanks again.