“Nice Boutique Hotel in the Center of the Historic District”

Hotel Boutique Plaza Sucre
Ranked #52 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Nice Boutique Hotel in the Center of the Historic District.
We stayed at the Plaza Sucre for three nights at the beginning of our Ecuador trip. The hotel is walking distance to the Plaza Grande, Plaza San Francisco and the up and coming Il Rondo area. After our Amazon Adventure and our Southern Ecuador Adventure we had to return through Quito. We enjoyed this hotel so much that each time we returned to Quito we chose the Plaza Sucre.
The hotel is very clean. We had three different rooms and all were comfortable. The two interior courtyards and included breakfast with a view are two of the bonuses offered. Also free internet in the back courtyard. That is right, they had two interior courtyards. We thought of staying in the newer section of Quito, however after traveling there by taxi, we preferred the Historic Center.
So much more history and Ecuadorian Atmosphere in the Historic Center. For the value offered we couldn’t find a better place than the Plaza Sucre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Was Ok for the price you pay. The disappointment from the get go I chose this hotel as it advertised parking and central air. As per the confirmation I contacted the hotel to arrange for the parking of our rental car, they said they had no parking and the C/A was broken. They sent an email after I insist to say to show it at the reception and they would take care of it. They did not. It was really disappointing to find out they cannot take their own responsibility.

1  Thank Martelu
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

While the location of this hotel is great( it's right near La plaza Grande and many of the other sites to see) this is a terrible place in all other regards. The service is AWFUL; a bunch of unprofessional teenagers staff the front desk and act as if any questions to them are ruining their precious time on Facebook (all they seem to do during the day). They offered ZERO assistance in helping us figure out laundry, taxis, etc. In addition, the hotel is incredibly noisy and sound travels so much so that you can hear people speaking all the way across the hotel. The breakfast is nothing worthwhile and the rooms are small. I would definitely never return here and recommend that you find somewhere else to stay while in Quito.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank worldwanderer87
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A great, charming find in Old Town. The location was walkable to major attractions and La Ronda. We loved the décor in the hotel - a retreat from the busy streets. Breakfast was good and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked. We would stay here again. The front desk staff was very helpful.

1  Thank kanneh
Reviewed 4 January 2014

On the one hand, the location is very good, the value is very good and the building is much quieter than most hotels in Quito (if you are not directly on the street). Breakfast was ok and most of the staff were nice.

On the other, they routinely boot people from their rooms, safe keys are missing and unavailable, the primary manager is surly to put it nicely, the wifi only works in lobbies, etc. Both myself and later another member of my party were booted from their rooms the first night. My friend chased to a terrible alternative hotel after they also were told there was a "gas leak" and their room wasn't available. Tough call.

2  Thank Osdanuwati
Reviewed 26 November 2013

It is not an awful place. You get what you paid for. So, it is partially my fault to visualize something trendy from the name "Boutique." It should be renamed as a "pension." The W-Fi does not work in your room. You have to come to the lobby. More than a few guests were complaining about this when I was checking in. The guest rooms are dark, or more like caves. There are a few rooms with windows, but just a few. They first gave me a complete cave, and I needed to come back to the front desk, but they were too lazy to accommodate my request. So, I needed to be firm and loud to get what I want. Still it was a dark room, but at least two windows facing an internal hallway. The front desk folks weren't friendly. It would have made a lot of difference if they were at least welcoming. When I asked at the front desk if there were restaurants nearby to eat, the guy said just flatly, "there is nothing at this this time." I actually found on my own there were places within a couple of blocks. If I were to come back to Quito, this is probably at the bottom of my hotel list. Some of the good things are (1) the maid was every nice, (2) the breakfast guy was friendly, and (3) it is conveniently located in the center of the Old Town. I wondered why this place was cheap, but I now understand why.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Do not trust this hotel to hold your reservation!!! We arrived in Quito at midnight (which the hotel was aware of) and got to the hotel to be told that there were no rooms. He looked at our paperwork, said that there had been a gas leak and that our room would be ready the next morning about 10 a.m. - no apology or offer for help. When I asked hime what we were supposed to do at 2 a.m. in Quito with no room, he sent us to a hotel around the corner (Huasi Continental). When we looked at Trip Advisor for reviews of the Huasi, we found the same thing had happened to someone else a month before - this time because of a "water line break." We stayed at the Huasi Continental and found it to be just fine!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple