“EQ made for a magical experience!”
Review of EQ Touring

EQ Touring
Ranked #3 of 100 Outdoor Activities in Quito
More attraction details
Owner description: EQ TOURING is a Boutique Travel Company that designs tailor made travel experiences in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador and Peru. We specialize in putting together private yacht charters in Galapagos and customizing your travel adventure in Ecuador and Machu Picchu - Peru, always traveling with the company of our expert Naturalist guides who are the highlight of your trip. Our team of Destination Specialists will be your direct and personal contact for your adventure planning. Join the number of satisfied travelers that have visited this amazing destination with us and who are the best witnesses of what we have organized for them.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Planning a big trip to a country you know little about can be overwhelming and time consuming! In an attempt to make the most of this adventure, I decided to use EQ Touring and the wonderful services they offer. I knew from the first conversation with owner Jorge Villalobos that I was in for a treat and that all my needs would be addressed. I couldn't have done Ecuador and the Galapagos without all of the arrangements and suggestions made by the staff at EQ Touring. I am so thankful I was finally able to dive and swim alongside such incredible wildlife- including my favorite- Sea Turtles!!! I will NEVER forget this trip and will ALWAYS recommend the destination and EQ Touring as an avenue to exploring it!

Galapagos-Guru, Owner at EQ Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Cameron

Thank you for your nice review and we are happy to hear that you loved your trip. We hope to see you again in one of our amazing adventures.

JV.

"quito airport"
"jorge"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went down to Ecuador on my vacation with a friend of mine and we had contacted Eq touring based on the reviews that we found on tripadvisor. At first their website was very helpful in providing the information that we needed and then we contacted Isabel who was always very informative and gave us immediate answers to our questions. She planned for us a great itinerary in Ecuador and Galapagos. When we arrived our guide was waiting for us and he stayed with us the rest of the time. Andres was always very courteous and we were impressed by the level of knowledge that he had, we learned so much in such a beautiful country, about their culture, their traditions and how rich the country is in history and biodiversity, it was like having an encyclopedia talking to us. Then we went to Galapagos and there are no words to describe how beautiful and amazing this place is, just being surrounded by wildlife and pristine nature made of our trip a once in a lifetime experience, our guide Monica was also impressive always telling us so much about the flora, fauna and evolution in the islands. I was amazed for the level of service provided by EQ and I will definitely come back to Ecuador to see more and will recommend this company to every one I know traveling down there.

Thank you Eq touring for giving us a life time vacation.

1  Thank William M
Galapagos-Guru, Owner at EQ Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hi William,

Thank you for your review, it is so nice to hear that our clients have fantastic things to say about our guides, to be honest we really believe that they are our main asset and we are happy to hear such great comments of our guides.
We hope to see you soon in one of our future adventures.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

For any American world-travelers like ourselves customer service is essential.
Our questions and requests were always met with prompt and professional willingness.
Basically they tailored the tour and logistics to our every need.
We too met Jorge Villalobos, the man himself, its obvious that having been a tour guide himself Jorge has the sort of frontline soldier experience you want at the helm of EQ Touring.
Tomás Palma another outstanding guide took us through Ecuador's cloud forest to a beautiful location in Tadayapa called Bellavista. Tomas engaged us with his knowledge and enthusiasm for his culture and all things ecological.
The bottom-line is you will receive outstanding service making of yours a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel,

It was great to have you with us in Ecuador and we really look forward to assist you with the group in January 2015. Thomas says hi.
Thank you for your nice review.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I just came back with my wife from the most amazing vacations I have ever had in the Galapagos Islands. I met Jorge Villalobos the owner of the company in flight from South West Florida to Chicago and he had told me about his company. We decied to take a vacation to Ecuador and Galapagos and it was a complete new adventure for us. We have never been in South America and it was so well organized from begining to end. We had a private guide pick us up at the airport in our arrival and then we had a beautiful hotel located in the old Quito. It was such a nice location that we felt treated like royalty and had many atractions near by. Then we had a tour of the city and Otavala market with Johanna our guide, she was so knowledgable and fun. The Galapagos cruise on board our yacht was fantastic, Billy was a great guide and he knew everything about the Galapagos islands, it was so fulfilling to have such an expert guide with us who taught us so much about Galapagos.
I just wanted to thank you Jorge and your staff for such a fantstic vacation, we were impressed with the country, the beauty of it and the kindness of the people, we will absolutely reccommend your company to our friends, family and any one in search of new destinations for their holidays.
Thank you so much and we will be back to see the rest of the country.

1  Thank AdventravelerFL

Hi there,

Thank you for your nice review, it was also a privilege to have you in Ecuador and show you a little bit of our fascinating country. Do not hesitate to let me know when you are ready to come back to Peru as we discussed, that will be a diferent adventure.

I will see you soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We needed help with a Galapagos itinerary with virtually no notice. I was recommended EQ Touring by another travel agent (CAT Travel), so I sent them an email and they came back to me pretty much immediately with some options; they then made some adjustments based on our preferences and then even worked over the weekend with me to close the itinerary and handle payment. My immediate impression of this company was that they are highly responsive and customer orientated; I'd also worked with others and EQ Touring were by far the most responsive, the most flexible and provided the best itinerary.

I will also add: later during our time in Galapagos a couple of issues arose with local tour operators - not at all the fault of EQ Touring, but it only needed one email to EQ Touring and complete resolution was on its way. Interestingly, I emailed my original contact, Isabel, but she was on vacation. Nevertheless I got a rapid response from Jorge, who actually runs the company. He was again highly responsive and incredibly courteous and customer orientated, he responded to every question, every detail - and jumped on the resolution.

Although you typically end up paying a little bit more by going through an agent, we found that in the case of EQ Touring, it paid for itself in no time. I'd absolutely use them again. Especially in a place like Galapagos, where Island life doesn't always marry with our customer service expectations, having EQ Touring as your representative afforded us great peace of mind. 5-stars - and thank you Jorge and Isabel.

1  Thank tapperstravel
Galapagos-Guru, Owner at EQ Touring, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your review and sorry it took me a while to respnd. We always try to give immediate solutions if problems arise and I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time in the Galapagos islands despite this was a very last minute booking. We hope to see you again soon in one of our adventures.

Cheers.