“Wish I could have stayed longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anahi Boutique Hotel

Anahi Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 226 Quito B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Wish I could have stayed longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Booked this hotel as my last night in Quito before flying home. I had left luggage prior to my jungle tour and arrived after a day of travelling by boat, car and plane to an oasis of comfort. My room was quiet and laid out in perfect form. A stunning view of Quito out the french glass doors.

I re-organized all my climbing and travelling gear and dined in their restaurant on site, so there was no need to leave the building - a nice touch considering I needed to leave by 4:30am the next morning to get the the International Airport.

The only downfall was on my part - I wish I could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Take the backside - nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Good2GoTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here 3 different occasions while traveling in Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. The rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a minibar in each room--and the prices were very reasonable so we would clean that thing out almost every day! We got this hotel with a package deal and it was described as moderately priced. The front desk staff spoke english very well and they were very helpful with directions, etc.

Free breakfast in the morning and the hotel has a decent (but pretty overpriced) restaurant.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jessfey
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I really appreciated this place as I thought they kept a great mix of new and old world architecture and decoration. I will say I think it would have been a lot more special if someone had been with me but my significant other wasn't in South America yet. I still highly enjoyed my experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Aust
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in mid Dec 2012 in a single non smoking room.
I was given the "colonia" room which had a massive bed, easily King size if not better. The room was furnished in a lovely colonial style with faux period furniture.
If this is important to you then I'd suggest asking for this room on booking.

Pros:
- staff are extremely friendly and always obliging
- laundry was very efficient and prices extremely reasonable. Clothes handed over around 7am back around 1pm
- hotel situated in a quiet residental neighbourhood, close to a lovely seafood restaurant. Ask at reception for the location.
- reasonably close to the main drag, "Mariscal Foch" where all the restaurants and bars are.
- not too far away from a huge supermarket, Supermaxi on "Parma", ask reception for directions.

Cons:
- Housekeeping can be improved. Noticed that I was only given 1 bottle of water each day once housekeeping realised that only 1 person occupied the room.
Also, I'd put all dirty and used towels into the bathtub - housekeeping decided to hang up the wet towels on all the backs of the chairs in the room. By the time I got back to the hotel some had fallen to the ground.
Not sure what housekeeping was trying to tell me but I had to ask reception fro a brand new set of towels since I refuse to re-use the dirty ones.
I wrote a note (in Spanish) basically telling housekeeping of my displeasure and to their credit the next day the towels were replaced properly.
- Breakfast selection is very limited.
- The selection of dishes offered by the restaurant is limited and most of the restaurant staff's English is minimal. The restaurant is also closed on Sundays.

On balance a good choice for Quito.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and have a theme - different areas of Ecuador
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank austraveller007
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is a charming Hotel in Quito. It was booked for us by a local travel agent who planned our stay here - and organized pick-ups and transfers from and to Airport and Hotel. It is a renovated old mansion. Now it has modern conveniences and decor, while some parts still maintain old world feel.

The front desk staff all spoke very good English and get full marks plus for being helpful - even assisting us to negotiate a fair fare price with taxi driver (when I had to go to the hospital). I became ill with flu-like symptoms just before our planned departure, so we extended our stay by 2 nights. This necessitated numerous phone calls to insurance and airlines. All calls had to be routed through the front desk, which was a pain, but the staff was very kind, patient, friendly, and helpful about it all. A special "Thank you, you were great!" to Jacqueline, who was on the day shift when most of these calls took place. Once I felt better, I ventured to the restaurant for a soup, and several staff members asked me how I was feeling! It felt like caring family!

The waiters' English was mostly limited, but they tried hard to understand and communicate. Most were very friendly and eager to please. The food was excellent. We ate dinner here 3 times, ordering from the menu. Menu wasn't huge but very adequate. Prices - reasonable for good food. Cheapest dish was the soup - for $5 (or less - I've already forgotten), and they made a good light meal. My son and husband loved the local specialty: locro soup, a potato soup with avocado and cheese. We very much enjoyed the fresh juices. Excellent!

This Hotel supplies a bottle of water for each guest daily. It tasted very good, and we used it for brushing teeth. We purchased another brand of water for drinking at a store, but it wasn't as clean tasting.

We were told that this Hotel is situated in a safe location, and we actually did feel relatively safe most of the time. It was a little unnerving at first to see frequent police patrols driving by - they always have their lights on. The Hotel employs a security guard with a stick at the entrance. This made us feel safer, but also concerned us that there was a need for this at all, but after reading reports of other travelers and experiences with thefts and assaults, we were very glad to have him. Later we realized it was quite common.

After the area became more familiar to us, we began to relax, and even our 13 year old walked to the Supermaxi a few blocks away by himself in the daytime, feeling quite safe. There are quite a few shops and restaurants or small deli-style places - or bakeries that also offer little snacks in the area. A little further - maybe a 10 -15 minute walk - there is quite a busy street with lots of larger restaurants that have English menus. The Hotel staff can provide a map.

Hotel Anahi was our base in Quito, and we stayed there 3 times. Twice we had the same room (#9). It was lovely, but the door to the bathroom creaked, and the desk staff could not find any oil that night. If someone needed to close this door at night, I woke up. The second room (#6) was also lovely, but there were only 2 - 3 inches of space between the taps and the sink in the BR, and the sink drained very slowly. But these are definitely MINOR issues. There was hot running water, and lots of it!, good pressure in the shower, great mattresses, clean rooms, free coffee and tea on the roof terrace...

The breakfast was good when there was enough staff. Some days it seemed that there was not enough staff because sometimes it took a little while to get drinks, replenish the dishes (and food) and sometimes we had only planned for 15 minutes for breakfast and did not have time to wait. Once one of the waiters was literally running.

Wifi is available in the rooms but sometimes the signal is weak, but it is strong in the lobby.

I would return to this Hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it! I can't imagine anyone regretting staying here! Their website: .anahihotelquito.com

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Fraumutter
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Just finished 3 nights at this lovely, small property. Room was beautiful with a comfortable king size bed and modern bathroom. Breakfast every morning in the dining area. The staff made a difference for us and were very helpful with transportation, phone calls, baggage storage and getting us what we needed. Jacqueline (at the reception desk) was a real gem and provided a lot of assistance. I'm glad we stayed at this hotel which was just a few blocks from "gringo land." It was much quieter than the others we had considered and a short walk to the heart of the action.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alverda3
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, and were impressed. The rooms are beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. Nice staff, good breakfast--an excellent start to a 3 week trip. We highly recommend the hotel, and would certainly stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the street in front of the hotel in order to avoid traffic noise and barking d...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple