“Great & helpful service, good location but very basic room.”
Review of Casa Helbling

Casa Helbling
Ranked #9 of 233 Quito B&B and Inns
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great & helpful service, good location but very basic room.”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed 4 nights in Casa Helbling.
Plus: position and the very kind and helpful staff are definetly a big plus of Casa Helbling
Minus: After having read so many excellent reviews we were having high expectations but we were disappointed by the bedroom assigned to us (very small and just facing the Computer room, for which we were not feeling to have enough privacy). We managed to change for a bedroom called Barby at the first floor. The room was still very small (we had to engine a bit even for how to fit our 2 luggages) and very very basic. I found the bed not comfortable: very small (but I'm tall, 193 cm) and also without a bedhead blocking the pillow and, with a not fixable gap of 30/40 cm from the wall to the bedhead, for me it was difficult to sleep as loosing the pillow falling down in the gap everytime I was turning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
between Netanya and Caesarea
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We took a taxi to Casa Helbling---unfortunately there was no room for us. The hotel lookes really nice and we got great help to find another hotel!! I would like to tell you more about this place but i saw only the reception- very young and friendly! It took the taxi driver a long time to find the hotel, i don't remember if the adress at the "Lonly Planet" was not clear.....

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My wife and i are doing a month in Ecuador. Some aspects of our trip are pricey, so we are staying in hostels on other days to save a little money. Though Casa Helbling isn't the cheapest you can find, a few more dollars is certainly worth the money. We were comfortable, the building was interesting, we had hot water, free wifi (a must for us), good breakfast and great staff (this should be emphasized, because a few of them really went out of their way to help us). The building was also very secure, there was a safe to store valuables, we easily stored our bags well past checkout, and we did our laundry there. We felt very much at home, thank you Casa Helbling.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rdoylens
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It was recommended by my attorney and I was not disappointed. Unlike Sally 1287 I was very satisfied with my bed. Very good location, extremely nice staff. reasonable prices and very good breakfast. The first night was a little noisy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff is very friendly, helpful and know quito and ecuador very well. The rooms are nice and of differente sizes. Some lead directly to the roof terrace and others into the courtyard, which is nice. However, the beds are rather unconfortable and if you don't have back pains, you'll have them afterwards. but this is the only minus point I could find. The location is good, and although the city is really unsafe, casa helbling is a safe place. We stayed there several times during our 2 weeks in Ecuador and it was our second home!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sally1287
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Throughout my trip in ecuador i stayed at casa helbling a lot. The staff are all very friendly and a few of them speak enough english. Rooms are basic but fine, everything is always clean and breakfast was always satisfying. Casa helbling is a very safe place to stay and only round the corner from plaza forge.

• Stayed February 2012
UK
Reviewed 1 February 2012

At first I was unsure as my first room was nothing special but I soon realised it's a great place cos of how the staff take care of the guests. They really put themselves out for you whether it's by multiple visits to the safe for your things or to put you in touch with other people with similar with interests. The showers are hot location great just a block outside mariscal so you get the convenience without the nonsense. I went back there for a second visit after I'd been out of town.

• Stayed September 2011