“Great view and decent food”
Review of Vista Hermosa

Vista Hermosa
Ranked #67 of 1,532 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Ecuadorean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had dinner in this place which is located on the top of one old building in Old Town.
It was not raining, it was clear and not so cold night. View of downtown is absolutely stunning. Food quite OK but it was too salty. Next time I will go there I should tell waiter to use very little of salt.

1  Thank NayiU

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I agree with others, the food was average and on the expensive side. The lemonade was very good. The view was spectacular though! The location is great, near Plaza Grande. You have spectacular views of the Virgin, Basilica, etc. I am not sure I'd return as it was costly for Ecuadorian standards, but I definitely think it's worth visiting at least once while in Quito for the views alone!

1  Thank Lacy R
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our host where we were staying suggested this restaurant because of the roof top view and said the food was good. We would rate the food average. We couldn't sit outside at the roof top terrace as it was raining on and off. Decent view from our corner window table. We were there at dusk so got to see the city lights come on. My husband's steak was tough, my sea bass was ok and so was my son's langoustine salad. Just not great and didn't live up to our expectations. Decor was eclectic so enjoyed the atmosphere. BTW we didn't find mixed drinks or beer in general in Quito were expensive except at the Hilton. Also buying alcohol or wine in a grocery was way more than we pay in US or Panama. Example" fifth of Jose Cuervo Gold in Ecuador, $40. US or Panama $14.95!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This restaurant is one block north of the Grand Plaza in Old Quito. It is one the top floor of a commercial building. From the restaurant itself, you have good views of Quito at night. It has a roof-top outdoor terrace with even better views. There is music on the terrace at night.
We found the local Ecuadorian food we ordered to be average and pricey. The best attribute of this restaurant is the terrace and the views, not the food.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went to this restaurant a block from the Plaza Grande for dinner at the recommendation of our Quito city tour guide. It has a beautiful view of the city. The food is very good - a steak was very tender and perfectly cooked. It appears to attract both tourists and locals. Prices were very reasonable.