“Try to House Special cheese pastry!”
Review of Portal de Benalcazar - CLOSED

Portal de Benalcazar
Cuisines: Ecuadorean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vancouver, Canada
“Try to House Special cheese pastry!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We ate at this restaurant several times while staying in Quito, old town. We really appreciated the kindness of the owner and the nice staff. This was the best place to find all of the staple Equidorian dishes that you want to try when visiting the country. They also have many other dishes to suite a variety of tastes. The house wine is good but my two favourites were the house pastry and the fresh lemonade! They were amazing.

• Visited November 2013

vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food with amazing service”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We have been on the road for a few months and this place is such a treat. We came back a second time in a 4 day stay in Quito. All is said in prior reviews.
Buen provecho!!

1 Thank watercats
Los Angeles, California
“perfect”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

the food was amazing. the decor was adorable. it was exactly what we were looking for. everyone in our party loved it. thank you to the portal staff for such a pleasant experience!! i miss you already!

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“couldn't have asked for a better meal”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The best meal that I have ever had in Quito, and I have been fortunate enough to travel there 3 times now.

It is centrally located in probably the most beautiful "downtown" in the world. It is a very short walk from one of the stops off Quito's double-decker tour bus too! if you are looking for a restaurant that truly represents ecuadorian cuisine, this is perfect for you. Clean, delicious, the staff is incredibily friendly and helpful. I felt like I was home. I can't wait to go back!!

• Visited September 2013
Latexo, Texas
“Excellent food, excellent service and very friendly staff. You will want for nothing.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have traveled the world for 60 years and this is as good as it gets for the money. They present excellent food at reasonable prices. There is a large variety of food to choose from. I have had lamb, chicken and sea bass this week. All, again, excellent. I will be back.

James Ashworth, East Texas