“Wasn't blown away or anything”
Review of El Arrecife

El Arrecife
Ranked #316 of 1,358 Restaurants in Quito
Cuisines: Seafood, Ecuadorean
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wasn't blown away or anything”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Pretty average. The menu looked very inviting. We keep attempting to go there several times, but since there were no hours posted there we ended up there on our 3rd attempt. Definitely call to see if they are open.
I had some sort of a seafood stew pot. Plenty of seafood. The broth / base seemed to be too dense, not necessarily great in terms of taste.

Visited July 2013

Quito, Ecuador
“Unacceptable Service”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Went to the new Arrecife in Cumbaya across from La Esquina shopping center. The food was okay, if overpriced, but the service was abominable. I ordered one thing, was brought another and charged for the other, more expensive, item. The main course was brought before the appetizer. There were six of us at the table and we had to share three sets of utensils while we tried to flag down a waiter to bring more (we had to ask twice, too). When the bill came, it wasn't itemized and when we complained about it, they rolled their eyes at us. There was a bouncy thing for kids and we were told there would be an attendant there but there was not. I complained to the manager who made a series of weak excuses. I cannot recommend this restaurant until they learn the basics of customer service. Stay away!

• Visited December 2012
Surrey
“Took some finding”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

The taxi driver from the new town centre (Plas Foch) had no idea where this was, but our I-phone helped. Still not too easy to find though. This was our last night in Quito (3 of us adults) and we didn't want to be disappointed - we weren't. The was another party there outside but we went inside as it was too cold for us to sit out in the Plaza. With so few diners naturally the waiter was there for us, but I had the feeling he would have been anyway. A lady, probably the owners mum, saw us taking pictures and offered to take some of us all - nice touch. The menu looked good, was good and lots of it. I was undecided but the waiter helped me out and he was not wrong, I had a wonderful fish dish, like a stew but not in bits 4-5 fillets, prawns other seafood and an excellent sauce. Other meals were Shrimp Cerviche and Shrimp Stew with Rice.
With 2 small beers and a glass of red wine the bill was US$43.70 (£9 ea)
Address is Republica de El Salvador N35-79 y Portugal as on the bill. (However there are two addresses in use in Quito at the moment, they are changing)

• Visited May 2012