“feel welcome”

Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Quito
Aruba
“feel welcome”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

just returned from Ecuador.I stayed 3 nights there and was amazed.The staff is very helpful - and speaks excellent English - the rooms are wonderful and the bathrooms are great.Yes,ladies.....all the goodies you need,hairdryer as well,and instead of a mint on your pillow every night you get a plate of cookies - yum!!!!!!!!!!! I did not have the high Tea(I was too busy) but the dining room serves great food...... try their shrimp !!!!!!!!!!! The location of the hotel couldn't be better,everything in walking distance,and you get a complimentary ticket for the Casa de Alabado - ancient pottery at it's finest and a great giftshop as well.As I said,didn't have the high tea but a great cappucino on their terrace (comp!),and their laundry service is excellent.As a single traveller I felt comfortable and very well taken care of!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: a room facing the courtyard was quiet and had a great view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank globetrekkerAruba

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Without doubt one of the finest hotels in which we have ever stayed. The rooms are terrific, the staff couldn't be more helpful, friendly and professional. It is superbly located and has a roof top terrace with an amazing view of many parts of Quito. It is terrific for sunrise and sunset photos, of which I took many. Also, the breakfasts are truly terrific with enough wonderful food to last almost all day. I can certainly recommend this great hotel. Y todos de las personas quienes trabajan allá, hablan muy bien español.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent, UK
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel on all fronts - the staff, the service, the property, the furnishings, the ambience. We were fortunate enough to stay here for 3 nights, but it was very hard to leave! The complimentary high tea is delicious and the dining staff don't turn a hair when all you can manage for dinner after all those yummy sandwiches and cakes is a bowl of their tasty chicken soup. The staff are so friendly, engaging, professional and efficient, and genuinely want you to have a great stay. If you get the chance, stay here. It's blissful!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights this month (June, 2014) . We had been traveling for over 60 days staying in many beautiful hotels but nothing that reached the overall experience at the Casa Gangotena Hotel. The welcome was amazing, the rooms spacious and beautifully clean and decorated. The staff were amazing ensuring every minor detail was covered to ensure we felt at home. The dining room without doubt is 'absolutely wonderful'. The Head Chef has his staff trained to the minute to ensure the incredible food is served promptly to the table with explanations of the Country cuisine. Then there is the High Tea. Also do the Chefs gastronomical tour. He is such a nice person and has a passion for the city, the hotel and his countries cuisine. Don't miss that it is wonderful. We highly recommend this hotel. The location is highly patrolled by security and police and the Concierge ensures he passes on hints and localities to safely visit.

Alan & Gayle
Australia.

Room Tip: The streets are highly patrolled by police and security so we never felt unsafe. The hotel is in a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan W
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. It's in the heart of the city and so beautiful, clean and comfortable. Plus, since it's not too safe for tourists at night, it's a great place to have dinner (delicious!) and relax.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bhaber
Tampa Bay
Reviewed 15 June 2014

On a recent two night stay in Quito we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. Upon our late arrival, we were met with fresh sandwiches and tea. We were then given a personal tour of the hotel (it is only 3 floors). We checked into our rooms and we could have thought we were in a hotel in Rome or Paris. The rooms were large and had tall ceilings along with large windows that opened on to San Francisco square. The staff were very attentive. The food in the restaurant was very good as well. Breakfast was included in our stay. We hired a guide and were able to walk to two Churches and several other squares. The location is in "Old-Town" Quito.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RuffinItTampaBay
Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I agree wholeheartedly with all the wonderful words of others in praise of the Casa Gangotena in Quito. I just want to add two personal examples of their dedication to exemplary service and to making their guests feel that the Casa Gangotena is their home away from home.

I stayed at Casa Gangotena five nights last year and on three separate nights at the end of May 2014. When I arrived for my first night's stay this May, along with the agua fresca welcome drink ,I was given a ticket to the lovely pre-columbian museum around the corner, the Casa del Alabado. However, I was also advised that the museum was closed but would be opened just for me. I don't know if this was done because a concierge realized that I would not be checking in early enough for my next two scheduled nights to be able to see the museum and he or she remembered from last year's visit that I was sorry that I had missed the museumt or, perhaps this was a courtesy extended because I have been their guest for a total of 8 days. Whatever the reason, I was very pleased to accept this thoughtful gesture and I thoroughly enjoyed my museum visit.

Early on my last day in Quito I requested a late checkout. Since my room was booked I was given another room and since I was going out, they staff moved my luggage while I was gone and when I returned at 5:00 pm I was told that I could take all the time I needed in the new room they had assigned to me. Moreover, they even allowed me to benefit from the tasty complimentary high tea service despite the fact that the usual checkout time had passed and I was not paying for this night. In fact, I was allowed to have the room until I left for the airport at 8 pm!

Without a doubt, the beautiful and elegant Casa Gangotena and its amazing staff are the stars of the hotel universe in Quito.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business