“An Ecuadorian Gem!”

Ranked #39 of 1,645 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosa Nostra is a "Trattoria - Pizzeria", a typical italian concept. The menu is divided into a pizza section and a pasta section with a large selection of dry pasta and fresh home made pasta like gnocchi, ravioli and lasagna. Cosa Nostra uses only organic vegetables, fresh cheese coming from Cayambe every day and extra vergin olive oil. There are special dishes, like the pizza Norcina which is very gourmet because it has a sauce made of black truffles coming directly from Italy. The desserts of Cosa Nostra are italian winners,in fact Cosa Nostra's tiramisu is prepared with real mascarpone. Cosa Nostra is "Casa Vostra": the thing is that you have to feel home when you come here!!COSA NOSTRA has now tree locations: Baquerizo Moreno E7 -86 y Diego de Almagro, the second location is in Republica del Salvador N34-234 y Moscu. And the third location is in Orellana E11-70 e Isabel La Catolica, near the Hotel Quito.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I just couldn't wait to get back to our hotel to write this review. Our tour group had dinner on our own, so 8 of us joined our trip leader for pizza. I mean what gets more adventurous than pizza in another country? The pizzas are plenty big to share between two people maybe even three depending how hungry you are. My husband and I opted for #18 the 4 Salumi. This pizza had everything we love, thin crust, tomato sauce, mozzarella, salame piccante, prosciutto cotto, prosciutto crudo, and pancetta. We were very impressed with how quickly the pizza came out. It had huge pieces of meat and we ate every last morsel. All the pizzas that were ordered at our table looked delicious and received rave reviews from our group. I only wish we had taken a picture, however it looks like another reviewer posted a picture of this pizza during their trip. Yum, Yum! If you are coming to Ecuador, this is a must!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Terrible service. We ordered two pizzas, and after one hour and twenty minutes, they brought just one, cause forgot the second.... When we wanted to pay and leave, they didn't take our credit card, cause they request a minimum amount to accept credit cards... It was a very bad experience.

1  Thank MGabyC
Reviewed 11 May 2014

In Quito from Australia and was recommended this restaurant. Food was fantastic and fresh. Service friendly and fast at a very good price! Will go back!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner in this nice restaurant. The service was excellent and the owner, a lady, smart and very present. The pasta were fabulous. Would go back anytime.

1  Thank cristiansuiza
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went with my wife and her mother. I got the Margarita pizza for $8. My wife got the lasagna and her mother got the spaghetti Bolognese. The pizza was good but not like anything you can get in the States so expectations need to be adjusted. The crust was like a saltine cracker but of course softer. The lasagna was tiny, burnt and lacked meat and the proper cheeses. The spaghetti was also short of meat. I would only go to this restaurant for the pizza and I would not travel for it, only if I was in the area. The service was good. Remember to add 22% to the menu price of the food, 12% IVA and 10% tip. It's very difficult to get great pizza in Quito. Oh how I miss the north end of Boston and of course, New York. I have read the other reviews, it must be the altitude.