“great food good prices”

Ranked #19 of 1,552 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosa Nostra is a "Trattoria - Pizzeria", a typical italian concept. The menu is divided into a pizza section and a pasta section with a large selection of dry pasta and fresh home made pasta like gnocchi, ravioli and lasagna. Cosa Nostra uses only organic vegetables, fresh cheese coming from Cayambe every day and extra vergin olive oil. There are special dishes, like the pizza Norcina which is very gourmet because it has a sauce made of black truffles coming directly from Italy. The desserts of Cosa Nostra are italian winners,in fact Cosa Nostra's tiramisu is prepared with real mascarpone. Cosa Nostra is "Casa Vostra": the thing is that you have to feel home when you come here!!COSA NOSTRA has now tree locations: Baquerizo Moreno E7 -86 y Diego de Almagro, the second location is in Republica del Salvador N34-234 y Moscu. And the third location is in Orellana E11-70 e Isabel La Catolica, near the Hotel Quito.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Really great restaurant, huge selection of pizzas, some staff spoke english. Happy for you to take away what you couldn't finish, nice house wine too.

1  Thank KB0007

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was dragged to lunch by friends. The last thing I wanted was a pizza in Quito - I've had some bad experiences. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. We had bread baskets of fresh bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil backed with herbs while we waited for our pizzas.

About the pizzas: it's rare to find a decent New York thin crust pizza outside New York. Sorry, but that's the way it is. The menu had over thirty different pizzas with a lot of variety. From red to white, from meat to veggie, from seafood to fruit. We ordered four large ones for five and a half of us. We topped it off with a pitcher of the house lemonade (you need to try this).

I was so impressed that I took some friends for supper a few days later. They were also impressed. One was so impressed that she posted on her facebook page during the meal. There's a full menu. I plan to go back and eat my way through their menu. I really don't think you could do better.

1  Thank madgeorge
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Normally I don't eat "American" food in other countries, but we wanted something familiar one evening. The pizza "a leña" was excellent with fresh toppings. We accompanied it with fried plantains and some fresh juice.

1  Thank Kirt K
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were told on our first day in Quito that there was some very good Italian food in the area. Casa Nostra did not disappoint. Four of us tried a couple of different pizzas and pastas - all were very good. We spoke with the owners daughter, Paola Rivas, who was very gracious and received excellent service from our server, Fernando.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I just couldn't wait to get back to our hotel to write this review. Our tour group had dinner on our own, so 8 of us joined our trip leader for pizza. I mean what gets more adventurous than pizza in another country? The pizzas are plenty big to share between two people maybe even three depending how hungry you are. My husband and I opted for #18 the 4 Salumi. This pizza had everything we love, thin crust, tomato sauce, mozzarella, salame piccante, prosciutto cotto, prosciutto crudo, and pancetta. We were very impressed with how quickly the pizza came out. It had huge pieces of meat and we ate every last morsel. All the pizzas that were ordered at our table looked delicious and received rave reviews from our group. I only wish we had taken a picture, however it looks like another reviewer posted a picture of this pizza during their trip. Yum, Yum! If you are coming to Ecuador, this is a must!