“Great pizza! ”

Ranked #38 of 1,643 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cosa Nostra is a "Trattoria - Pizzeria", a typical italian concept. The menu is divided into a pizza section and a pasta section with a large selection of dry pasta and fresh home made pasta like gnocchi, ravioli and lasagna. Cosa Nostra uses only organic vegetables, fresh cheese coming from Cayambe every day and extra vergin olive oil. There are special dishes, like the pizza Norcina which is very gourmet because it has a sauce made of black truffles coming directly from Italy. The desserts of Cosa Nostra are italian winners,in fact Cosa Nostra's tiramisu is prepared with real mascarpone. Cosa Nostra is "Casa Vostra": the thing is that you have to feel home when you come here!!COSA NOSTRA has now tree locations: Baquerizo Moreno E7 -86 y Diego de Almagro, the second location is in Republica del Salvador N34-234 y Moscu. And the third location is in Orellana E11-70 e Isabel La Catolica, near the Hotel Quito.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We came here on trip advisor comments and weren't disappointed. We had a lovely thin crust pizza with beautiful fresh Italian toppings - it was delicious. Then we had bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, oil and herbs on crunchy French bread. The service is really quick,Large menu with pastas, mains and more. Italian and Spanish menu so easy to work out what's what. Our bill came to $15 which is good for two people. Location is only a few blocks from Plaza Foch. Service is friendly and super quick! They only speak Spanish though.

1  Thank Kirsty B

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just finished eating here for the 5th time. I am from the US and living here now. I was so disappointed in Pizza in Quito, and then found this place and it has now this has become my favorite of any Pizza places anywhere. You want fresh INGREDIENTS with perfect crust, this is the place. Addicted. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Randy F
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Really great restaurant, huge selection of pizzas, some staff spoke english. Happy for you to take away what you couldn't finish, nice house wine too.

1  Thank KB0007
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was dragged to lunch by friends. The last thing I wanted was a pizza in Quito - I've had some bad experiences. The wait staff were friendly and efficient. We had bread baskets of fresh bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil backed with herbs while we waited for our pizzas.

About the pizzas: it's rare to find a decent New York thin crust pizza outside New York. Sorry, but that's the way it is. The menu had over thirty different pizzas with a lot of variety. From red to white, from meat to veggie, from seafood to fruit. We ordered four large ones for five and a half of us. We topped it off with a pitcher of the house lemonade (you need to try this).

I was so impressed that I took some friends for supper a few days later. They were also impressed. One was so impressed that she posted on her facebook page during the meal. There's a full menu. I plan to go back and eat my way through their menu. I really don't think you could do better.

1  Thank madgeorge
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Normally I don't eat "American" food in other countries, but we wanted something familiar one evening. The pizza "a leña" was excellent with fresh toppings. We accompanied it with fried plantains and some fresh juice.

1  Thank Kirt K