“Excellent tour, different experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 114 Tours in Quito
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent tour, different experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went on a tour of Quito's historical center with these guys and it was quite a different and great artistic experience. The guides dress up and perform as 17th century characters while telling you the important historical details and highlights. There were two characters on our tour, both did a great performance. They add a lot of humor to their performance so it was a lot of fun. The tour was in Spanish, so I'm not sure if they do tours in other languages. The tour was arranged by my company so I do not have other details such as price, and other tours available.

If you want to experience Quito in a different way, I would recommend you try these guys. They are a local NGO. Apparently they have expanded their operations to other countries in South America. Congratulations guys on such a great initiative.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Daniel A

Quito, Ecuador
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Charachter play”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

They interpret Characters for Quito´s history, it is very interesting, making the visit more fun. Recommended,

Visited June 2013
3 Thank VerCit3
Milan, Italy
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A tour with Quito Eterno is a mix between performing arts, a lesson of history and a regular tourist tour. Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Quito Eterno is a remarkable local initiative to promote the history, the monuments and the history of Quito. Although it has been designed mainly for Quitenos, it is very enjoyable for the international tourist. The only caveat is that most of the tours are in in Spanish, although I understand that soon tours will be also offered in English. The distinguished feature of Quito Eterno tours is that they are conducted by guides who dress up and act as either historical or fictional characters. For example we had the privilege of being led by the Devil in person, dressed up in disguise as an XIX century quiteno gentleman. I was very impressed by the knowledge and the competence of our guide. It has been later revealed to us that the “Devil” had degrees in history, history of art and literature both in Quito and in Spain. We went through a tailor made tour that included a few convents and monasteries. Not only we visited secluded places, but we also learned a lot about the history of Quito. A tour with Quito Eterno is a mix between performing arts, a lesson of history and a regular tourist tour. One of the most culturally enriching and enjoyable ways to discover Quito. This initiative deserves to be supported and enjoyed!

Visited August 2012
5 Thank paulus_diaconus61
Quito
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unique way to get to know Quito and its history!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Quito Eterno´s tours are simply wonderful - I went to two events: a theatre play in a colonial house and I went to a historical dinner with a theatre play in the monastery San Diego. Wonderful experiences! The actors are great and you do not only get to see beautiful, sometimes hidden places in Quito, but you also learn a lot about history and culture in a very entertaining way. Both events were in Spanish, but if you do individual tours Quito Eterno can also provide you with a translator. They offer open tours during the "Noches Patrimoniales" each Saturday. Highly recommended!!!!

Visited February 2012
5 Thank Kerstin_Quito
Quito, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

well i went on a tour of Quito Eterno with my class and i as a school trip.
it was a very nice experience for me and my classmates. what the orgamisation does is they divied you in groups and each group get a charecter of a ledgend or a hestorical person.
My group got the chartecter "El Diablo" which means the devil. he is a folks tale charecter who took part in the historical center of quito. he talked about his story and the historical facts that the city has. I learned a lot that day and it's a vert nice tour to go on.
i recomend it to anyone who wants to lear a little moreabout quito

Visited February 2012