“MUST and WILL go back!!!”
Review of Mountain Views Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quito
Mountain Views Inn
Ranked #105 of 232 Quito B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“MUST and WILL go back!!!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I got back to NYC 3 weeks ago, and I still cannot stop thinking about the most amazing trip I have ever had...& I've traveled a lot in my 36 years of life!
Robert who is the owner of this beautiful property, is a multi-talented person who cared for a group of people who do not know each other, in the most professional, positive & thoughtful manner. He showed us the true meaning of Ecuador, of what it's like to live in the middle of the world! Volcanoes, tops of mountains, famous artists, spirituality, adventure, zip-lining, amazing soups & juice every day, hiking in the rain forest, yoga by waterfalls, delicious food! so much more, all while ensuring that we all have a great time!
The rooms at the Inn are beautiful and the staff, we said goodbye with hugs, and tears in our eyes.
Since this was a yoga retreat, Robert brought us to the most beautiful spots in nature, where we could truly feel, see, smell and get in touch with nature. We missed nothing!
I made myself a promise - I will go back, & bring anyone I can with me!
Enjoy!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Mountain View Inn is a beautiful place to stay. It has comfortable accommodations, clean facilities and the food is delicious. I went on a tour in December and this is where we stayed. It is about 25 minutes outside of Quito and since this is home base, we spent a lot of time traveling on a bus. I would recommend when visiting the hot springs or rainforest to find a place near there or you will be stuck on a bus for three hours both ways.

Also, when landing in Quito, go to duty free and purchase bottles of wine and alcohol because they do charge you at Mountain View Inn for every class.

Enjoy!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thetraveler28
LuckyGirl123, Owner at Mountain Views Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you so much for your good review and taking the time to share your experience at MVI.

MVI is nicely located between several destinations, but some do take a little longer to get to. In the future I will allow guests the opportunity to stay and relax at the Inn if they are not up for the bus ride. I also will be offering a single price wine and beer package for future tours so that everyone can enjoy, and not feel like they need to count every glass.

Happy you had a great time at Mountain Views Inn, and thanks for spending your birthday with us!
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Certainly NOT as promised, advertised: Robert promised us heaven on earth; only to find some mediocre hacienda; which I believe belongs to his parents!?
Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Ecuador!!! The adventures that country offers, amazing; just don't stay at this place: Robert promised us a quick 15 minute ride from the airport !? I believe it took us more than an hour to end up in a poor village behind 3 hills and over 4 rivers! Every time we wanted to go to Quito, that is an hour each way. More than one room did not have hot water, shower at certain times of the day. The food was OK, I think, but also not as promised.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank I B
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. There have been several changes since your visit.

The airport was moved in February 2013 outside Quito. It is only 20-25 minuntes from Mountain Views Inn and is away from the city traffic that could cause congestion and delays. MVI's location provides a quite, serene and safe retreat. This is usually a benefit for people looking to get away from the busy city and enjoy nature, with hills, mountains, and rivers.

All rooms have had upgrades, including new bathrooms and plumbing systems to ensure hot water.
New York
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My package was described as a singles tour. There were 4 males only.

The food was described as organic, it was not organic at all, nor was it very good quality.

And it was supposed to be an "adventure tour", but we spent most of our time driving and not much of it actually "adventuring". Two hours of rafting after spending that long driving there (and then the same time returning) is not my idea of a full day of adventure. I am sure there are other options that offer far more activities for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns about the trip.

The fact that there were only males on the trip was a surprising event - every one of the singles tours before and after your trip has had more females than males. We have also increased our cooking staff with a seasoned chef. We are currently purchasing locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables.

I understand that some sites might require a 30 minute drive, others up to 2 hours, I now leave the choice up to the group or individual. They can choose to spend the day relaxing at the Inn. We've also upgraded to a bus with larger panoramic windows so that you can enjoy the views around you, and enjoy the journey as much as your destination.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The trip to Ecuador was fabulous. The Mountain Views Inn was a luxurious place to stay with lushly landscaped grounds and a high service level, including a private chef who cooked delicious meals including sumptuous breakfasts with a different fresh native fruit juice at each meal, and bountiful dinners with different hearty Ecuadorian soups, meats and vegetables (and more fruit juices) at each meal.

The scenery was spectacular, and whether it was zip-lining across the Amazon Rain forest, hiking, mountain biking down canyon roads, treking to the waterfall, horseback riding, or visiting the equator, I was continuously visually impressed.

Robert was a fantastic host - funny, caring, super-knowledgeable, outgoing and a great guide (and pro tennis player as well.) He knows everybody and people want to know him.

I can now say I played tennis in Ecuador. Not only did I do great outdoor activities, but I played on beautiful red clay tennis courts several days during the week.

Tennis, adventure and great food, for me that is the ultimate vacation.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnReese1000
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I felt immediately "at home" upon arrival to the inn. The large guest house is beautifully appointed, and has great amenities for Ecuadorian standards. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, and there is even a heated outdoor pool with a BBQ and gazebo area for hanging out after a great day of tours. I always felt safe and taken care of...and the tours were a blast!!! Perfectly organized. I loved the zip line :). Stay here for your Ecuador home-base and you won't miss a beat! I will be back to try out the Galapagos trip next time!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JaimeGV
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've never been outside the United States until I took this trip to Mountain Views Inn. After a very difficult few years I needed to get away and I didn't really know what to expect. Wow what a beautiful place. The views are amazing, the activities are extremely fun and exciting. And Robert really welcomes you into Ecuador like a professional but fun personable host. I'm sure to return.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo