“Best hostel in Quito”

Ranked #1 of 263 Speciality Lodging in Quito
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Best hostel in Quito”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is by far the best of 3 hostels I stayed in during my time in Quito. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, thanks so very much to Anel, Gina and Edwardo, particularly when my luggage was lost at the airport. It is in a central location. It's clean, with spacious communal areas, comfortable beds and is very reasonably priced. Breakfast and dinner is provided and is tasty also reasonably priced. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 23 July 2014

When I went there for the first time I was surprised to find such an organised, clean and friendly hostel in Quito, I could only compare it with hostels I stayed in Europe. When being there you can realise that there is a lot of effort in the team to provide great service to everyone, trying to customise attention as much as possible, keeping clean all facilities and arranging experiences so that everyone feels at home. As tourism analyst in Quito, I can not compare this hostel with any other one because, only the Community Hostel has it all: strategic location, affordable prices, transportation facilities (even late at night - if the driver is not available, a person of the crew will help you to get a cab no matter schedules), delicious meals, friendly Ecuadorian people and international atmosphere. Definitely a place for travellers from all over the world.

Room Tip: Sleeping at the 4 bed dorm will make your stay more comfortable, because you will have more space fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My girlfriend ans me has started our 3 weeks trip by staying 2 nights there and booked an awesome trip to the jungle from there with hostel staff (very welcoming ! ). Cool 4 floors hostel with "front desk" on the fourth floor on the enormous dinning table. There's always something going on at the table with someone interesting to chat with. 3rd floor is a living room with a projector, nice place to nap... We've asked to be in the same dorm and they said yes, and we finally stayed in 6 beds dorm, but we had to be in separate dorm because they did not want to ask to someone (a lonely traveler) to switch room for 2 nights. We've had worst ! The hostel seems always a bit crowdy very nice place to meet people!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were very concerned about our safety in Quito, as this was the first time we were traveling to South America. When I was booking for my hostels and trips I had to pay 20% as advance for most activities and 100% for hostel and hotel bookings. But When I emailed Community Hostel about my upcoming stay and airport pickup, I received an email that said your booking is confirmed and you ll have a taxi (Omar) waiting for you at the airport. I asked them if I had to pay anything in advance (I wanted to make sure I have a place to stay). I received a reply stating that I need not pay anything now. Infact I did not pay a cent (for my stay and food) until the day I checked out. There are various activities like movie nights etc. Food was great and is freshly prepared (You have to sign up on a board for dinner if you need before 5PM) Given that the airport is 60min from the city and if this is your first time to Quito please ask for a pick up service. Omar is really great and you can feel safe and comfortable with him. They have a security camera at the door which makes us feel comfortable about our safety. Great Place to stay!!

Room Tip: There are only few Private rooms. If you are looking for one make your reservation quick
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am coming to the end of a 12 month round the world tour and this is without a doubt the best hostel I have stayed in! Here's why... They have the biggest and most comfortable beds I've slept in, super friendly and helpful staff, lovely clean bathrooms (the whole hostel is immaculate), free unlimited tea (various types), coffee and filtered water, the best breakfasts I've had at any hotel or hostel for only $2.50 - different every day but always involving heaps of fresh fruit and something delicious and hot. Amazing dinners for only $5, free walking tour with Ovi mon-sat, free food tour on Friday nights and lots of things going on throughout the week. Ovi is a great help when it comes to planning day trips or longer trips away from Quito. This is definitely not a trashy party hostel but it has such a lovely community atmosphere - aptly named! I really cannot speak highly enough of this place!
The only down sides I can think of are it is in a slightly dodgy area of town (but this is Quito so most parts are pretty dodge) but it's central so easy to get to all the main things to see and places to be in Quito. Also, there are only 3 bathrooms - but they are planning to increase the number of bathrooms.

If you are coming to Quito, stay here!! I stayed here twice during a 4 week trip to Ecuador and Galápagos Islands. I would definitely stay here again if I ever return to Quito. The second time I stayed here it felt like coming home, I love this place!!

• Stayed July 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in and I have traveled throughout the world. It feels like a home, bright, roomy, clean with all the creature comforts of home. Free tea, coffee and filtered water. THe mos comfy beds and pillows I have had. Breakfast and dinner cooked on site that is delicious! Massive, clean bathrooms with hot water, great wifi and computers for guests, projector screen with all chanels, an onsite travel guide and the free walking tours start from here. The staff make you feel like a part of the hostel family, I don't want to leave!
The area is near the historical centre and has a market just 30seconds away for fresh fruit and veg, cheap meals etc.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but maybe request a lower bunk if you are scared of heights as the top bunks...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Friendly, kind, caring, clean, comfortable beds - just some of the words to describe this hostel. Arrived minus luggage as lost in transit at the airport - staff couldn't have been more helpful and my bag finally arrived after 3 days. Very clean and comfortable beds. Big bathrooms plenty of hot water. Meals good value and yummy too..Tea and coffee plentiful and free and filtered cold water. Their own safe and dependable taxi driver Opposite bar which brews its own beers - very tasty. The only negative is the area is the poorer part of the city.but close to historical area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends