JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Agoda.com
US$174
US$155
1,784 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabseparate showerbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold towntwo nightsbottled waterrooms are spaciouslobby
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I came to Quito on business and the staff at the JW Marriott in Quito is extremely friendly. They will go out of their way to help you. The only issue I had was attempting a collect call to Canada, I've learned, don't bother, but, that has nothing to do with the hotel.

The staff were happy to tell me where it was safe to go at any hour, and were more than happy to provide directions.

Most of the staff speak some degree of English, if there's communication problems, they will go find someone more able to communicate for you immediately.

The lobby and the stores are extremely clean, and the jewelry store actually has decent prices in it, which surprised me.

We decided to take a cab to Old Town, and the concierge found us a cab driver who spoke english as well, and that was also very reasonably priced at $15/hour.

I quite liked the fact that all of the water bottles are free, and housekeeping will leave as many as you like, i think I have 12 in my room as i write this.

The business center does charge for use of the internet over 15 minutes, but will not charge you to print up your itinerary, flight information, or anything related to travel.

The hotel is actually reasonably priced, I got an executive suite for $250/night, with access to the executive lounge, free internet, and an allowance of 2 pressed items.

I saw a couple of reviews mentioned that it was noisy, but i haven't noticed that at all. my room is facing the street, and while you can hear the traffic a bit, it's not bad at all. There's some sort of celebration starting next week, and people are gearing up for it, but i can't hear anything unless i'm standing next to the window.

I will be staying here on my next trip to Ecuador!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors facing the street have a great view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Our stay at this hotel was part of a pre/post Galapagos Cruise with Celebrity. It's a beautiful Hotel. the lobby is beautiful, and the rose arrangements are breathtaking. The shops are cute - lots of choices for dinner and the food was good. Room service was speedy. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and quickly addressed every request we made.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The choices on Tripadvisor's rankings are average or very good--this hotel was good enough, at least for a 4 star. It is large and imposing, like an Inca monument, but glass and concrete. The glass is not a good idea for two reasons: the climate is hot and humid so that the lobby is oppressive, and the glass gets dirty but there is nobody, seemingly, to clean it. The rooms and bathroom are large. We stayed for 2 nights before, and 1 night after a Galapagos cruise on the Celebrity Xpedition. The first two nights our room was next to the maid's closet and the elevator, therefore noisy. We asked to be in a room away from these for the return night, and our request was honored; our room was on the 4th floor away from the elevator, maid's closet, and ice maker. It was good to be on the 4th floor because there IS an icemaker on that floor. On the 3rd floor, where we stayed before, there was no icemaker and no access to the 4th floor, and we had to send for ice from room service. Mysteriously, there was only one robe in the room on each of the occasions we stayed.
The hotel staff and Celebrity staff were very good. The breakfast buffet has many choices, and the last-night Celebrity dinner for we cruisers was very good. The live music at that dinner--a keyboard, violin, and bass--was a wonderful touch. The beds, particularly in the 4th floor room, were mushy and uncomfortable. I don't know what the cost of the rooms were since they were included in our package. Friends of ours said that they were quoted over $600 a night for a room--a price which represents highway robbery. At somewhere around or under $200 a night this hotel would be OK for value.

Getting to and from Quito was not nice. The arrivals area of the airport was confusing and dirty. We had to fill out the usual customs forms prior to arrival. What we did not know is that we also had to fill out more forms on the way out of the airport, just prior to yet another X-ray machine. What happened: everyone went to the X-ray machine but did not notice the table of forms just before the machine. Everyone then had to go back and fill out the forms. Remember how we are always told to hydrate before flying? Well, we have to give up our water, and in the Quito departure area early in the morning there was NO source of water--no water fountains, no water for sale, nothing. Be warned, also: there was no toilet paper in at least one ladies' room at the airport, and none at about half the ladies' rooms we stopped at while touring in Quito. So, ladies, bring tissue with you if you visit Quito.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor away from the ice maker, maid's closet, and elevator--that is, if you are not on the concierge floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoronadoCarol
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here on our way to the Galapagos. Overall, the hotel had a very nice, modern, and clean feel to it. The rooms were nice, and the bathrooms were especially nice.and spacious. The free water bottles in the bathrooms and the coffeemaker were nice touches. The people at the front desk were professional and courteous. The bellmen were eager to help with the luggage, and very attentive. They waited with your luggage until you checked in, then brought it up with you right away which I appreciated.

We upgraded to the concierge floor to get the snacks and breakfast, as well as the dessert hour which was at 8:00pm. We were disappointed by the desserts, there really wasn't much. When my kids aren't interested in trying anything (there were only a few things they put out) then you know it's not good. At least we got Wi-Fi with the upgrade. Breakfast the next morning was very good though, so that kind of made up for it.

Cons? I would say not much, other than a surly young lady who was the hostess at the overpriced Hacienda restaurant. When I asked to see the menu, she wordlessly shoved it at me without smiling. I looked at it, then said I would check back after looking at the mexican restaurant at the hotel. She didn't respond, and when she saw we weren't sure how to find the mexican restaurant she didn't offer to help us find it. What we found out later was that it was ATTACHED to the Hacienda restaurant, and all we had to do was walk through it to get to the other restaurant. What a witch!

However, while we were looking for the Mexican restaurant we stumbled into the sushi bar. A very nice host there saw that we looked lost and nicely offered to walk us to the mexican restaurant. Imagine our surprise when we saw Ms. Surly and Unhelpful Hostess standing there, she had walked to the other side and appeared to be the hostess of both restaurants. And she did not apologize to us for not informing us the restaurants were connected.

The only other con is my PET PEEVE! Why charge for Wi-Fi? Is it bad enough to charge $3 for a $.25 candy bar? You could get it for "free" if you paid the $50 upgrade to the concierge floor. Grrrrr.....

Overall, the rooms were very nice and clean, and the employees were all very eager to help (with the exception of that hostess). I would recommend this hotel if you have to stay in Quito.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingfivefamily
Reviewed 20 November 2012

The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The staff were very helpful and courteous. I highly recommend the Executive Suite. It's a very comfortable place to unwind and the complementary e mail is a nice plus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family