“$$$ And Worth Every Dollar”

JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Ranked #10 of 114 Hotels in Quito
Ashburn, Virginia
“$$$ And Worth Every Dollar”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel is expensive..no doubt, but worth every dollar. I stayed at the Hotel Quito and have a much deeper appreciation for this hotel. The hotel, rooms and staff are superior. Pay the extra money and stay in a comfortable hotel with air conditioning.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank michaelxvalmont
Edison_Riofrio, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear guest we appreciate your comment, it is important for us to know that our service is highly valued. We look forward to have the opportunity to serv you in your next trip to Quito.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 January 2013

On our way in to Ecuador, we stayed at the Sheraton and returned to the Marriott on the way out. Definitely liking the Marriott better. Grander, cleaner, plusher bedding. Nice places to walk to from the hotel. Concierge lounge was nicely stocked with treats and drinks although I would have like a few more vegetarian choices. Marriott shuttle to the airport is expensive, so have them call you a taxi!

Room Tip: Access to the concierge lounge is a nice plus!
1 Thank MagTravels
Dear guest thank you for your valuable comments. We're working hard in the service specially in the Executive Lounge. Our Executive chef is knowledgeable about the vegetarian options requeriment. We hope you find the hotel enjoyable in your next trip to Quito
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We try to avoid the big, American chain hotels when traveling in South America. But the upscale historical properties in el centro de Quito were booked. As it runs out, no regrets.

What you see is what you get. A polished, modern property with an atrium, a pool, a little shopping mall, and standard five star rooms.

The advantage, apart from all of that, is locational. The Marriott sits at the top of the zona norte, at the border with upscale Quito further north. It could not be more convenient. If you are a walker, you can hike all the way down to the centro in a half hour to forty minutes. The trip teaches volumes about the city. The zona norte restaurants are only a ten minute walk away. Same for Zazu. You'll need a taxi for restaurants further north, but that's easy.

The staff here is warm and helpful. We found the private-label cab drivers especially friendly and useful. The business people are on the formal side. One suspects they operate under strict book of instructions.

We'd stay here again. No question.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel-excellent grounds with plenty of facilities.Heated pool and great gym.
Not particularly close to anything but most people are on tours anyway.
Food in the bar was very good and breakfast was excellent througout. Customer service was good and overall it was a reallly enjoyable experience

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The room was average. The cleaning staff never put adequate bathroom items or coffee / tea and we had to ask for it each day. Only 1 of the 3 room keys ever worked on the 2 times we were there ( pre and post Galapagos). The cabs they have parked on the side do not have meters and charge $8 to to Plaza Grande ( it was $2.50 by a regular yellow cab). Except for its location I see nothing great in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest thank you for your comments. We ratify our commitment to offer the best possible service, still knowing that during the stay you had experienced some challenges. with your comments we can focus our efforts to improve the issues that can affect your satisfaction. We look forward to have the opportunity to serv you in a near future.
Markham, Ontario
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here Dec 23-25/2012 before our tour of the Galapagos. We were very happy with the room. Spacious bathroom. Firm beds. Check in and out was very friendly and efficient. There was a rose waiting on our bed. I believe there is a nightly turn down service but we had a do-not-disturb sign on the door. We had access to the executive lounge which I found to be so beneficial. A complimentary breakfast was offered there and we were pleasantly surprised by the choices. There were eggs made to order, some fresh fruit, cheese, croissants and smoked salmon among other items. Drinks were available throughout the day, including bottled water. The executive lounge also offered hors d'oeuvres and desserts during certain times. When we inquired about taxis from the hotel concierge to the city, the rates were more than taxis we hailed ourselves. However, the concierge was willing to call a driver for us (we provided the driver's number from the day before) and he had no problem making the connection for us. I did not have time to go into the pool, which looked lovely, but my husband and our son said it was very warm. I would certainly return to this hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott in Quito for three days prior to my Galapagos cruise and for another day following the cruise. The room was very comfortable and quiet, the staff for the most part were extremely friendly and helpful and overall it was just a lovely place to unwind at the end of each day following an all day tour of sights just outside of Quito as well as following my 8 day Galapagos Island cruise. I especially loved the small touches such as the ladies coming around to the room in the evening and presenting me with a beautiful red rose and also the small chocolates individually wrapped which I found on my bed when I returned at the end of each day. I have only one complaint and that was the food issue. I am vegetarian and on the first night after a long day hiking up most of the Cotapaxi volcano, all I wanted to do was to relax, eat something and watch a bit of TV. I called room service, explained to them very nicely that I am vegetarian and ordered a pizza with pineapple, mushrooms and onions (they state on the room service menu that you can pick any three items), 45 minutes later a pizza arrived with pineapple and ham. I tried to explain to the room service folks that I could not eat this as I am vegetarian but they just did not seem to understand. I had to go down to the front desk and tried to explain it to them as well. they said that they would take care of it and 45 minutes later I had another pizza with the toppings I had ordered, an apology from the hotel restaurant and their promise to not charge me for the pizza (which they honoured). But a couple of nights later I again ran into the same issue when I ordered a baked potato with grilled vegetables and again explained to the woman on the phone that I was a vegetarian and did not eat any meat at all. The baked potato arrived precut with sour cream, cheese and bacon bits on it so again I could not eat what they had provided me with and again I had to go down to the front desk and explain to them that I could not eat the dinner that had been brought to me. but aside from these issues, my stay at the JW Marriott was very pleasant and I would recommend this hotel to others overall.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank travelnut58
Edison_Riofrio, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this review, 6 January 2013
Dear guest we would like to thank you for the valuable feedback you are giving us.