JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Yarina Eco Lodge(Yasuni National Park)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Vieja Cuba(Quito)
  • Breakfast included
1,784 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabseparate showerbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold towntwo nightsbottled waterrooms are spaciouslobby
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Yep, this place is top notch. I managed to get sick on some local grub at one of the nearby eateries, so I spent most of my time in Ecuador locked up here. I can say with confidence you won't need anything here.

The other reviews capture the fine points of this hotel. My only complaint, as is the case with the rest in the chain, is that you will pay top dollar to sleep here. There are probably better deals elsewhere in Quito. That being said, you know what you are going to get here for your money, so if you don't want to be disappointed, this should be your choice.

Oh, and the pool is great too.

• Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed 5 September 2008

The Marriott in Quito is by far the nicest hotel to stay at. The rooms are typical Marriott style. The restaraunts and bars are all very good. And the pool scene is among the best that I have ever stayed at. They also have a spa that is very reasonable (50 min massage for $50). I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Quito. Oh, and one more thing. When you tell the doorman you need a cab @ the Marriott a nice, clean, large cab or SUV pulls up. Not a small, smelly, tiny cab. Spend the extra money and stay here, you won't regret it. Bryan (Atlanta)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AtlantaBry
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I stayed at this Marriott with my wife and her family on the front and back end of a Galapagos trip. This was definitely one of the top Marriott hotels I've stayed in. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and clean. The staff was exceptionally helpful and (mostly) spoke English. The hotel is also located fairly close to a major eating district, though it is a bit of a cab ride from Old Town.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Granted, we got a bargain rate because of my husband's employer, but still, it's worth every penny. It was really a home away from home for us. The hotel is gorgeous - we absolutely loved the pool area. Even though Quito is kind of cold, the outdoor pool is heated like bathwater so you can always swim. The staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jabrew
Reviewed 30 July 2008

The JW Marriott www.marriott.com in Quito was our 1st destination in Ecuador as part of our 12 day visit. My family of four (teenage daughter of 13, and son of age 19) stayed at the Marriott while visiting Quito and the surrounding area. We were here for 5 nights and used our reward points for our stay. Everything at this Marriott was first class. Everyone on the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend getting the executive lounge privileges on the 9th floor. It was well worth it, with the excellent food and internet service. The first day we walked around the New Town, La Mariscal, to get acclimated to the altitude. The 2nd day we took a taxi to the old town and saw some beautiful old churches & buildings. The 3rd day we ate lunch at Café Mosaico which over looks Quito and then we visited the Museo Nacional del Banco Central del Ecuador. The 4th day we hired Carlos through the Marriott to drive us to Cotapaxi National Park. Cotapaxi is the world’s highest continuously active volcano and Ecuador’s 2nd highest peak. Carlos was an excellent driver and Cotapaxi was breathtaking. I would highly recommend eating at Tambopaxi Restaurant/Lodge inside the Cotapaxi National Park. Delicious food and beautiful scenery. If you want to see where else we visited in our 12 day trip, check out Tripadvisor ( Ali-Shungu Otavalo. San Jorge Eco-Lodge Quito and Caskaffesu Mindo)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business