“Mostly a typical JW experience”

JW Marriott Hotel Quito
Ranked #12 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here three nights in two visits.
First visit we had a standard room. It was clean, spacious, well appointed, firm king sized bed, nice linens. Bath had standard JW amenities (i.e. upscale), separate shower, ‘closeted’ toilet with frosted glass door, nice towels. Upon check in, my lady was given a rose, which she put in the vase with the existing rose all ready in the room. Internet access in the room was fee based. Only one bathrobe was provided.
Second visit we had a room on the executive floor with club lounge access. Our room was identical to our first, without the rose -- either at check in or in the room. However, we got free Internet access, but still only one bathrobe.
Lounge provided packaged snacks as well as some very nicely presented appetizer/dessert type food bites, free coffee and soft drinks, but charged for other beverages. Not up to JW standards. Breakfast in the club lounge wasn't quite ready 20 minutes after the stated opening time.
Hotel car is available to take you anywhere, for a fee, slightly higher than a taxi – except for the airport, which cost 100% more than the taxi from the airport. Taxi service is available, but not from hotel staff—see the travel agent instead. Since we had a very, very early departure flight, we used the hotel car.
Did not use the in-house restaurants. Did not walk in the local area.
Staff is professional.
The hotel is very nice, and we would probably use it again, but the extra charge to be on the executive floor with lounge privileges is not worth it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family stayed here as part of an all-inclusive trip to the Galapagos Islands.
If you are arriving from the US, you are probably arriving really late and want to get into your room. When I first walked into the lobby, I was very impressed with the abundance of beautiful flowers. Further, the lobby had a grand feel with it's high, slanted glass ceilings.
Check in was a breeze and we went to our rooms. The rooms were large, very clean with comfortable beds.
The bathroom was immaculate with a well-appointed bathtub, shower and water closet.
The breakfast buffet in the basement level restaurant was excellent. It had a large assortment of breads, meats, eggs, waffles, omelettes to made to order, fruit.... And the main restaurant next to the elevators was an Argentinian Steak restaurant. And of course I had to be different and ordered the salmon. It was excellent. Also, there were several people in our group that ordered the steak and I tried it. It was very good.
The hotel had a beautiful looking pool that we didn't use because we just didn't have time. My son used the gym and he said it was quite large.
Overall, I was very impressed with the quality of the hotel and its service. I would highly recommend staying here.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm originally from Ecuador, but left the country when young. I took my family for the first time to Quito. The JW Marriott was a great experience for my family. Staff was very professional and helpfull. Hotel was immaculately clean and my wife loved the rose arragements.

Room Tip: Chose a room on high floor. Views of the volcanoes are amazing. Our room faced the southwest of the...
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently spent a night at the executive level at j w Marriott Quito, before our trip to the Galapagos. The food provide in the lounge was not as good and extensive as other marriott properties. The area around the hotel did not have much to offer, and although there was a shopping centre very close to the hotel, we were told by the front desk that it was too dangerous traffic wise to walk there. We also had a box breakfast prepared for us as we had to leave for the airport at 3.30am. However, when we went to pick the box breakfasts, the kitchen had not made it and we had to wait 15 minutes for it! Hotel is ok but I think I would rather try some other hotels on my next visit to Quito

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drkblim
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this very nice hotel for two nights before our cruise and one more after our cruise, the entrance is beautiful. The rooms were super clean and modern. No tissues though! Hair dryer was gone first time but they replaced it quickly with such a polite staff person. The staff members are absolutely polite and professional. Quiet hotel with security elevators. Gym and pools nice. Breakfast buffet downstairs had Ecuadorian fruits and foods that were fantastic. La Hacienda for supper was soso, My medium rare steak was more like well done and tough. In a good section of town with restaurants, stores, and karaoke bars as well.

1  Thank John H
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.
Knowing that you enjoyed both the hotel and the attractions of the city also are pleased.
your comments help us to improve our service day by day.
We look forward to receive your visit in a near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The rooms are big, clean the ,bathroom huge, loved the large oval tub, and toilet had it's own door! Roses everywhere! My sister got altitude sickness, and had to stay in bed. The maids were so sweet, without being asked, they thoughtfully brought tea and broth. Outstanding! Bravo housekeeping. Liked the steak restaurant more than the Mexican.

1  Thank continentalflyer
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest, We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us, and we are happy to know you enjoyed the hotel facilities as well as your room. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future. Best Regards, Edison Riofrío Quality Coordinator JW Marriott Quito

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a corner room with balcony. Room was quite large and the balcony was huge. The bathroom was a nice size with a separate bathtub and shower - the tub being a deep soaking one which was so nice after long days of sightseeing. I had the executive club lounge so did not use the restaurant for breakfast. The exec lounge was nice - lots of good healthy choices for breakfast and hot fresh dishes too. Nice evening snacks with wine available.
The best thing about the hotel was the service. It could not have been better. Very accommodating, very pleasant.- Anything they could do to make you happy during your stay , they seemed eager to do. Comparable to Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons service. When I go back, I will definitely stay here. BTW... everyone speaks fluent English.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are nice and quiet with extremely large balconies- nice and bright during the day. Onl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest :
I want to thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that you fully enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to receive your visit in a near future.

sincerely