JW Marriott Hotel Quito
US$551
US$441
Priceline
1,786 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecelebrity cruisebistro latinosmoothie barla haciendayellow cabseparate showerbreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelflower arrangementsgalapagos islandsbusiness centerold towntwo nightsbottled waterrooms are spaciouslobby
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed here for three nights at the head and tail of a Celebrity cruise to the Galapagos. While it may not be up to the standards of a JW Marriott in New York, for Quito this is a lovely property. Nearly everyone at the hotel speaks English and is insanely helpful. The lobby is spacious and lovely, with gorgeous flower arrangements everywhere.

Location is good, with access to old town in Downtown Quito. Of course, the airport is pretty distant. With good traffic (which is rare), you're 45 minutes away. With bad traffic, enjoy your two hour drive.

Rooms were clean, large, quiet, had generally nice views and were well outfitted. Internet was complementary and speedy. The business center was well stocked and helpful people were available to solve technical problems.

We got room service a few times. It was always promptly delivered. Breakfast was great, dinner was a little more hit and miss. My room service hamburger was clearly deep-fried, which was a little weird. We ate at the Argentinian Steakhouse the last night, and were impressed by how lovely and delicious that restaurant was. Prices for food and the gift shop are high even for Western standards.

There were some nice shops and galleries in the hotel, but we were mostly there on Sundays when they all seemed to be closed.

Overall, if we ever returned to Quito, we would likely stay here again. For a western traveler, this is a very comfortable hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Masteele:
We are grateful about your positive comments regarding your stay with us.
We are proud to be part of the good memories of your visit to Ecuador and the Galapagos islands.
Your comments have been helpful to identify the tasks that our employees are performing properly as well as the tasks that can be improved.

JW Marriott Quito

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Like many reviewers, we stayed at the Quito Marriott before and after a Galapagos cruise (part of the package).

While there is nothing fundamentally wrong with this property, I found this hotel rather unexciting for its category. Rooms are huge by any standard, but the mattresses and pillows are all but comfortable, and - for whatever reason - this hotel is noisy from the inside: it starts with an artificial waterfall on the lobby level that can only be seen from the corridor leading to the breakfast room (but it can be heard almost everywhere), in the rooms there is also a constant humming noise - or is it meant to prepare guests to the ambient noise on the cruise ship?

For the first night, we had a rather dark room facing the lobby and woke up at 6 a.m. because of the muzak played in the lobby. When we returned after the cruise, I asked for a room not facing the lobby. Although I was told that the new room would be overlooking the pool, we eventually had a view offering an unrestricted view over... a concrete roof.

Breakfast: the food selection is nothing to write home about, but espresso coffee is served without extra cost. Waiters and receptionists were helpful and efficient.

Unfortunately, 12 USD are charged for 24h wifi. During our trip to Ecuador and Peru, we were in about a dozen different hotels, and this was the only property that charged for wifi.

On a positive note, the attractive pool is perfectly clean (but not heated).

As the neighborhood is fairly unexciting, I would definitely not return to the Marriott if I went back to Quito (but rather try a hotel in the old town).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear YvesLuxembourg:
We regret that your stay has not been according to your expectations. Every day we strive to improve our product, so your comments are very important to us, corrective actions have been taken immediately.
It is important inform that the hotel pool is heated, it is divided into three different zones with different temperatures, including a children's pool and cold pool.
We hope that in the near future you and your family could return to stay with us and allow us to make your stay a great experience.

Cordially

JW Marriott Quito

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Beautiful lobby with gorgeous flower arrangements! Hotel itself is fine standard Marriott large bathroom ,clean rooms, staff very friendly and helpful, the bar/restaraunt downstairs nice! Pool, spa, gym all very nice!! the only thing as I always say is no free in room WIFI without status frustrates me! the free WIFI in the lobby area was good though! all in all enjoyed my stay here!!

Room Tip: high floor mountain side for best view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelapple
Edison R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Travelapple:
With a big production of beautiful roses and tropical flowers that we have in Ecuador, we can make beautiful floral arrangements for the enjoyment of our guests. Thank you very much for appreciating the efforts made by our staff.
Your comments are very valuable to improve our service day by day.

Cordially

Reviewed 24 August 2014

During two weeks in Ecuador and the Galapagos, only one hotel offered up crisp white sheets, a large (US king) bed, fast and reliable wifi, a large bathroom with constant hot water, and best of all: peace and quiet. The J W Marriott Quito has an impressive lobby and an excellent restaurant (more later) but the architecture, rooms and facilities aren't going to put it in the top tier of Marriott properties. A view of a truck parking lot wasn't quite what I was expecting from a hotel with the JWM name (and Platinum level status). The executive lounge was fairly spacious and comfortable, although with limited food options and -- a first for me in a Marriott property -- all alcohol was chargeable.

Service when checking in and out was pretty good (especially considering it was 4.30am at departure!), and service in the restaurant was friendly and attentive. I had significant difficulties using the much-promoted 'At Your Service' (AYS) for basic (over the counter) pharmacy needs. At first I was directed to the onsite gift shop where the prices were so extortionate even the assistant recommended I use AYS to obtain medication from an external pharmacy. Six phone calls later, including being connected twice to a non-English speaker, and I eventually got something close to what was required. Full marks to my AYS assistant who eventually took it upon herself to speak to the pharmacy herself directly (in Spanish), although to be honest I would have expected this to be normal practice for a full-service hotel like JWM, especially for foreign guests hampered by poor language skills.

The onsite steak restaurant La Hacienda was excellent: low-lit, beautifully decorated with a huge assembly of candles in the centre and a view looking out to the pool. The food was superb, with my party of four each going for the small Argentinian filet mignon which were more than enough for each of us. Be warned however that the prices were more Manhattan than Ecuador: $28 for the steak (the cheapest on the menu), plus sides; the surprisingly limited range of spirits started at around $15 for a cheap blend and $25 for a Glenmorangie and went up from there. Dinner for four came in at around $260, including four entrees and sides, a low end bottle of red, and pre and post-dinner drinks.

If anyone from JWM is reading this, I would recommend significantly expanding the selection of alcoholic beverages available in your bar and restaurant (it's about a quarter of the length of any comparable hotel or bar), and having free wine / beer in your executive lounge. The service is great, but at New York prices it's reasonable to expect a bit more in terms of range.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Ximena A, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate very much your feedback regarding our hotel. We are glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay, specially our Argentinean steak house La Hacienda.

I am pleased to let you know that we are planning our rooms renovation very soon, so I hope you are able to try our new product next time you come back to Quito.

Thank you for being part of our Marriott Rewards program as a Platinum member, we appreciate your loyalty.

Cordially,

Ximena Altamirano C.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff is very welcoming and efficient. I love the option for mobile check-in: just walk in and pick up your room key.

Wifi in the room was strong. Not super-fast, but good enough for my regular email with small attachments.

Great view of the surrounding mountains including Cotopaxi!

No electrical outlets next to the bed. That is a serious bummer in my book. However they did have an iPod player, which charged my phone (luckily I had the adapter).

Mobile check-out is a nice option, too. But I requested to have the invoice emailed to me and it did not show up. So now I have to chase it down.

Stayed: August 2014
Edison R, Quality Coordinator & Manager On duty at JW Marriott Hotel Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Wings415:
Each day technology make processes to be easier, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the finer things in life. Check in mobil is a new tool that is giving excellent results.
Thank you for your comments, they are very important for further improvement.
We hope you come back soon, so we can make a perfect experience in Marriott Quito.

Sincerely