“Felt home”

Ranked #14 of 112 Hotels in Quito
Pune, India
“Felt home”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

This so far is the best hotel i have stayed in south america. the rates are so so down to earth.
they give complementary bottled mineral water & free internet & all this for a meager charge of 65 USD a day.
the break fast menu is vast & you can catch yourself lost in time with their varied choices from Indian style curries with rice to continental break fast.
they had a separate tea / coffee arrangements for the visitors so that even they are well fed.
it is located very close to the Central park & their biggest Mall in Quito.

the most amazing thing was that i could take a walk to the office from this hotel.

the staff were very courteous & it pained me a little that they are charging so less for so much.

the room was cold through out & never needed heating or AC & i am not sure if they have got one.

nice place for a budget accommodation with family.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or Spa
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank EevaB
HOJO Q, Gerente at Howard Johnson Hotel Quito, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thank you so much for your opinion. Our mission is to provide a special service to make our guests feel unique and they are comfortable even away from home, I'm very proud that our staff got the mission with you, I will pass your compliment to our staff.

We hope to visit us again, we'll happy to serve you in another time.

Myriam Delgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Montrose, Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Don't think of this as a HOJO from the 70's in the USA. It is very nice, with a courteous staff and good restaurant. I have stayed here probably 8 different nights on various trips in the last 2 years and all have been nice. Most of the rooms are planty big, but there are a couple of tiny ones. Located right next to Parque Carolina, which is a great place to stroll, and a block from a very nice mall, which makes for a good place to people watch.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less road noise
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
HOJO Q, Gerente at Howard Johnson Hotel Quito, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Thank you so much for your opinion, we make a big effort to serve our guest like they deserve and I feel very satisfied that with you we get it.

I hope you visit us soon.

Des Plaines IL
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at the Howard Johnson in Quito to use my Wyndham reward points, and was very pleasantly surprised. Though the rooms were small, they were perfectly clean and well-supplied with nice touches such as a razor and toothbrush. The dining area was nice, and the food delicious. The bar served a nice Pisco sour, too. The location is great, too. The staff is extremely nice and as helpful and they can be. The 24 hour room service is great, especially if you have an early flight. Great views from the windows, too. I really enjoyed my stay and highly
recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your opinion. Our mission is to provide a special service to make our guests feel unique and they are comfortable even away from home.

I will pass your compliment to our staff and we hope to visit soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I arrived at Quito late at night and my original hotel was booked. They made arrangements for me at this hotel and my first impression was NO WAY. This is not your typical American Howard Johnson. The Quality of this hotel is more like a Sheraton. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful all around. The rooms are nothing extraordinary but they are comfortable. The hotel provides you with great toiletries shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and even slippers. I had a good night sleep and a great breakfast. The hotel is in a quiet area which I did not get to explore. I would have stayed here if I had the option.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for your opinion. We are very proud about your comment because our mission is to make you feel at home, if you want to visit us again, you could do a reservation by internet or calling us so you get a special price.

If you have additional comments, please let me know.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Nice hotel located near major roads with easy access to a number of points and a large shopping mall. Good restaurant with variety of local and international food. Good internet connection. Room decor was a bit outdated and rooms were on the small side, but pretty normal for this market. Overall good value for the money.

Room Tip: rooms on the eastern side of the hotel heat up a lot with the morning sun
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a coment with your perception about the service because it helps us to improve if necessary.

I hope you visit us soon. If you have additional comments, please let me know.

West Palm Beach
Reviewed 21 September 2012

My responsibility, I booked a room the first day of trip instead of the last. We called and explained to booking manager and asked to change reservation, they weren't sold out. They refused to help us. Obviously short term and not looking for repeat business. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for letting us your experience, is very important for us to know the perception about the service because it helps us become better each day and give our guests the attention they deserve. About the booking process I will check it.
We are very sorried about your experience with that, but I hope the service invited to return.

Soyapango, San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Nice service, very friendly staff. Big rooms, nice beds. Seems like they have no air conditioning, but with quito's weather who needs it. the only thing I didn't like was wifi service, it was a fair signal. but if you need to send a big document wireless sometimes is not good, and there was no wired option. Room service food was good and simple, pretty tasty

Room Tip: rooms facing to republica avenue have better view to the city
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GARH_SV
HOJO Q, Gerente at Howard Johnson Hotel Quito, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you so much for your valuable comments about our Hotel, this guide us to improve our facilities and maintaining the excellent service that our guest deserve, about internet service we are improving the technology for offering you a best service.

We hope us to visit again, at a future ocassion.

Myriam Delgado L.