1,118 results
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolbreakfast buffetturn down servicebusiness hotelnice poolexcellent hotelfive star hotelthe hotel staffguest roomsbusiness triptravel agentthe executive loungebusiness districtcomfortable hotelold townthree nightsgalapagos islands
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Swissôtel in Quito is a nice hotel and very friendly. However, if you are not there on a package, you will find their charges for Internet steep, as well as the breakfast buffet being a bit overprice. The staff is very helpful and for the eight days I was there, turndown service included a rose and a chocolate.

A couple of things kept this from being a five star experience. First, even though the buffet opens at 6 AM, they were never quite set up by then, which meant those who had to be there by six had to ask for serving utensils. However, once up and fully running, the buffet is really a good place for breakfast.

On another issue, I was there for a conference, and thirty people with confirmed reservations arrived at 1:00 AM before the conference and.... no rooms. Not a happy crew.

I also ended up stuck in an elevator for about a minute before it started moving again. Nobody answered the buzzer. I was wondering if I would miss my plane.

Check out is also rather slow after being in hotels where the receipt is under the door in the morning. It's still a manual process here and it's just slow.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights before heading to the Galapagos. I arrived late after an evening flight and they actually greeted me by name as I arrived...as they were expecting me - I was the last reservation of the evening to show up. I got a kick out of that!!! haha. The room was a good size with a very comfy bed not to mention VERY clean - which is a huge factor for me when chosing a hotel. There is free wifi in the lobby only. I wish they had it in the rooms...it was available but at a charge. The turndown service with the rose and the chocolate was a nice touch. The staff was very friendly - opening doors, pushing the elevator buttons and helping anyway they could. I didn't use the pool as I was too busy touring around the historical centre which was about a 20 minute walk away. There is a supermarket up the street which was very handy for getting drinks and snacks. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hawaiiboundToronto
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I just checked into this hotel and the warm towels and orange juice were great. However, I am here for work and I can not get wireless internet in my room. There is an internet cable, but I use an iPad and Macbook Air. Shouldn't a hotel of this stature be up to date on the technology needs of its clients?

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank chandlerpatton
Reviewed 28 February 2012

it's a beautiful hotel - well maintained, nice, friendly staff, very nice comfortable rooms...but, i was a little hesitant to give it 4 stars because the 2 nights that i stayed there they forgot my wake up calls, and one morning they didn't remember my room service breakfast. the missed wake up calls would have been significant had we not had a back-up alarm clock in place. the fact that we don't speak fluent spanish and they are not fluent in english was likely the problem. that said, the rooms are beautiful and clean and very comfortable, and if that's all you need then you will be pleased.

Room Tip: we used this hotel before and after a trip to the galapagos - on our return stay, we were upgraded to a suite. perhaps that is their normal course of business. a nice touch.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elaine212
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our recent visit to the Swissotel in downtown Quito was our second stay at this 5-star establishment and it lived up to its reputation as a gracious, luxury hotel. Although prices can be over the top, on both occasions we managed to arrange very reasonable rates through local agencies, so some "wheeling and dealing" is recommended in advance.
We arrived about 11:30 pm, tired and hungry due to a flight delay. Restaurants were closed but the room service staff provided a relatively inexpensive midnight dinner complete with a bottle of wine, white linen service and a very cheerful server.
The buffet breakfast (if not included) can be quite expensive. A much cheaper alternative is the Quito Deli on the ground floor of the hotel and around the corner from the lobby. The Deli also offers free WIFI with a purchase, whereas the hotel itself charges a fee.
If you want a bit of luxury in your travels and your route takes you through Quito try the Swissotel. If you can wangle a deal in advance, this place witll soothe your nerves and pamper your spirit. If you pay rack rates, however, your wallet will take a while to recover!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was very quiet and private.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple