US$160
US$118
US$111
US$91
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

Free cancellation until 01/08
US$186
US$148
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$154
US$387
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
1,099 results
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolbreakfast buffetturn down servicebusiness hotelstar hotelexcellent hotelnice poolthe hotel staffguest roomstravel agentthe executive loungebusiness districtcomfortable hotelold townthree nightsgalapagos islandsrooms are large
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Swissotel Quito for three nights prior to a trip to the Galapagos and it was quite nice. Our room was large and lovely with an amazing view of the city and the distant snow-capped volcano, Cotopaxi. When we checked in, there was music playing in the room and a beautiful rose on the bed along with chocolates. Each evening, we received a different color rose - red, yellow and finally peach. Though the bed was rather hard, we still slept well. And the bathroom was stocked with nice toiletries and super fluffy towels. There is no WiFi in the room but it can be accessed for free in the lobby. Breakfast was buffet style and loaded with options that catered to both Ecuadoran and American palates. Lots of fresh fruit and fruit juices as well as a variety of freshly baked breads. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jewelsworld
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed for one night as part of a large tour group - and based on this experience: good hotel. We were randomly upgraded to a large suite. Lots of space. Comfy bed. Thanks hotel!
The older style TVs were unusual, but had excellent channel choices. In fact, I watched an NFL playoff game on ESPN Deportes.
The rooms are getting close to "need to update" status. Our room was certainly clean, but updates are needed. Everywhere.
The hotel was jammed with our 200 person tour group and the elevators seemed to take forever. Also, I never got the hang of the room card swipe system to get from elevator cars to hotel floors.
The restaurant was large. We had a super breakfast buffet as part of the room price.
Overall, nice - nothing special.

Room Tip: High floor would seem best
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GalvestonJT
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Swissôtel in Quito is a nice hotel and very friendly. However, if you are not there on a package, you will find their charges for Internet steep, as well as the breakfast buffet being a bit overprice. The staff is very helpful and for the eight days I was there, turndown service included a rose and a chocolate.

A couple of things kept this from being a five star experience. First, even though the buffet opens at 6 AM, they were never quite set up by then, which meant those who had to be there by six had to ask for serving utensils. However, once up and fully running, the buffet is really a good place for breakfast.

On another issue, I was there for a conference, and thirty people with confirmed reservations arrived at 1:00 AM before the conference and.... no rooms. Not a happy crew.

I also ended up stuck in an elevator for about a minute before it started moving again. Nobody answered the buzzer. I was wondering if I would miss my plane.

Check out is also rather slow after being in hotels where the receipt is under the door in the morning. It's still a manual process here and it's just slow.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights before heading to the Galapagos. I arrived late after an evening flight and they actually greeted me by name as I arrived...as they were expecting me - I was the last reservation of the evening to show up. I got a kick out of that!!! haha. The room was a good size with a very comfy bed not to mention VERY clean - which is a huge factor for me when chosing a hotel. There is free wifi in the lobby only. I wish they had it in the rooms...it was available but at a charge. The turndown service with the rose and the chocolate was a nice touch. The staff was very friendly - opening doors, pushing the elevator buttons and helping anyway they could. I didn't use the pool as I was too busy touring around the historical centre which was about a 20 minute walk away. There is a supermarket up the street which was very handy for getting drinks and snacks. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank hawaiiboundToronto
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I just checked into this hotel and the warm towels and orange juice were great. However, I am here for work and I can not get wireless internet in my room. There is an internet cable, but I use an iPad and Macbook Air. Shouldn't a hotel of this stature be up to date on the technology needs of its clients?

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business