“Great hotel & convenient location...”
Review of Hilton Colon Quito

Hilton Colon Quito
Ranked #21 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We've stayed at this Hilton several times and never disappointed. An easy 5 minute walk takes you to Mercado Artesanal where you can find interesting arts & crafts souvenirs from Ecuador. Also within walking distance to the 'entertainment hub' of Quito - La Mariscal, about a 15 walk. A $3 taxi ride will take you to the heart of the historic district or the hotel can arrange a private van, with an English guide, for $20 an hour if you're interested to visit other attractions.
The rooms are always clean and nothing sleeps like a Hilton bed... I've never had a any problems with staff, or felt they intrude in any which way. They always do their absolute best to keep their guests happy and it's not a 'put-on' fake friendliness.
There's a great little restaurant Sal & Pimiento outside the Hilton, they also have a bakery inside the hotel. If you want to venture further, turn right outside the hotel and walk a few blocks up the road - there's some really great restaurants and bakeries, also a fantastic juice bar where you get freshly made vegetable and fruit juices or go explore La Mariscal - a few good restaurants in that area.
The Spa and swimming pool lacks atmosphere and I would give this a skip, unless you're totally in need of a muscle rub....
I've stayed at many B&B's, boutique hotels around Quito, but my favorite is the Hilton, due to their staff, great service, wonderful beds, and if you book a suite on the executive floor, the jacuzzi bath and extra space in the bedroom area, is definitely worth the extra dollar, especially if you want to relax after a tiring day in the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HiltonColonQuito, Director of Sales at Hilton Colon Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Madam,

We are pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Colon Quito. In addition, we are glad to witness our hospitality and service warmth was conveyed to you in a personal way.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

The Quito Hilton Colon is a very good hotel, and in one of the best locations in Quito. It is not as new and flashy as the JW Marriott, but the rooms are nice, the lobby, restaurants, facilities, etc. are very good, and in a much better location. To explore Quito from a very safe, convenient and ideal location, the Hilton Colon is ideal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard P

Dear Sir,

We are pleased to read you have enjoyed and chosen your stay at Hilton Colon Quito, as we know other brands are also available. We always demand ourselves to keep improving by listenign to our guest comments and reviews; hence we would like to welcome you again in the nearest future to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment after staying in the Hotel Hilton in Guayaquil. The rooms are well appointed and very clean but we found the staff to be overbearing and unfriendly. Every time we entered the lobby we were accosted by security staff - doing their job I am sure - but very intimidating. The breakfast buffet was excellent with great service and wonderful selection. The market just behind the hotel is a fun way to spend a couple of hours and the park across the street was great during the hot afternoon. The pool was a real disappointment - small and tucked away on a rooftop. I went up one afternoon for a couple of hours and only stayed about 10 minutes - I was by myself and not comfortable with the constant scrutiny from security. I did not pick this hotel myself - it was provided as part of a Galapagos tour but I would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: We had a room at in a corner of the 9th floor and the view over the City was fabulous.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bunkie101
HiltonColonQuito, Director Comercial at Hilton Colon Quito, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

We appreciate for your kind review. I hope you had a wonderfull experience in Ecuador.

According to the dates that you have stayed, we were hosting the Presidential Event where many delegations around the world and some Presidents attend this event with their security display as well. I´m sorry to hear that you had this inconvenience in our hotel, for your information our security staff is well trained for respecting the guest´s stay.
Please feel welcome to Hilton Quito anytime you come back to our city.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We checked in quite late and had to leave early the next morning, but the few hours we spent in our room were magnificent! The bed was extremely comfortable; the view was very nice, even late at night and in the morning sun. We accidentally left a sum of cash in our hotel room when we checked out. It would have been easy for someone to walk off with the money and no one would have been the wiser. I had already considered the money lost forever. I had an email when I got to my next destination telling me that they had found my money, and asking me what arrangments should be made to return the money to me. I am thoroughly impressed with the honesty and professionalism of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for your kind review. I´m pleased to know that you had a wonderfull experience in our hotel.
Please feel welcome to Hilton Quito anytime you come back.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the staff is both friendly and informative! They arranged for a day trip with a informed guide that spoke English quite well and had an in depth knowledge of the country and it's history! This was a great value!! I would recommend this hotel without reservation!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your comment and we are glad to read that your stay with us was enjoyable especially with our Concierce Services.
We wish you our best wishes and hope to see again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Like many others I stayed here as part of a G Adventures tour to the Galapagos. I also stayed a couple of extra nights. I found the staff to be very efficient and helpful.

Nice, large rooms with very comfortable beds and lots of pillows. I stayed on floors one and two and was not disturbed by the traffic noise. I was also given the code for free wi-fi. Breakfast was included on 2 of my night’s accommodation only and I found it to be disappointing. I would not pay extra for breakfast. I ate other meals at the Cafe Colon in the hotel as it was convenient and found them to be good.

Hotel is close to the markets, HOHO bus stop and within walking distance (20 – 25 mins) to the old town (I walked back from the old town one afternoon).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ETbrisvegas

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you for your kind review. I will make sure to pass it to our staff in order to keep a high standar of service.
Please feel welcome to Hilton Quito any time you come back to our city.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Two nights here on our arrival to Ecuador. Friday afternoon traffic did not hold us up so our transfer was quite smooth and fast from the airport with our guide taking us through some surrounding villages. Our departure Sunday morning was equally fast - just an hour. The Hilton Colon is what you would expect from a Hilton hotel, efficient, clean, we were on the 7th floor so had good views across the city looking towards the Winged Virgin of Quito. Food was excellent and excellent value, Ecuadorian families were also eating here as it was Mother's Day on the Sunday and families were celebrating Friday and Saturday nights, a wedding was also taking place. The hotel is across the road from the park with stalls and just around the corner from the craft market. A short walk took us to the very good Ecuador Museum. We were on B & B (deluxe rooms) basis and told we could use Club Class lounge for breakfast, which was very good and we found out later that we could also use that area for free drinks and food as well. A very pleasant waiter was working up there every time we went up. A very early Sunday morning breakfast 5.00 am was basic and taken just off reception as Club Class was not open at that time. Our rooms were large and quiet with numerous wonderfully soft pillows. Tea and coffee making machine but no biscuits - we never got any biscuits either in Ecuador or Peru.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to thank you for your kind review. I hope you had a wonderfull experience in Ecuador. I´m pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Please feel welcome to Hilton Quito, anytime you come back to our city.