My wife and I stayed at the Rio Amazonas before and after our trip to the Galapagos. We found the staff to be very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable.
Nice touches were the bathrooms, safe in the room, the full cable service on TV and free Internet service in the lobby. They stored our extra luggage at no charge while we were on our trip. The breakfast in the "Canoa" attached to the hotel was limited, but tasty.
This hotel is certainly in the centre of the action and can be a bit noisy as the week-end approaches but we felt the experience was more authentic than one of the American chain hotels with out enduring too much culture shock.
We had no problems with the taxis that the hotel staff called for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the best and most centric area of the city, The Hotel Rio Amazonas is the best option for lodging. be it that you are traveling for business of pleasure we are alwasy here to serve you. Visit our property that through constant remodeling promotes smart environmental safety practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Rio Amazonas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Amazonas Internacional Quito
- Rio Amazonas Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Rio Amazonas Quito