“Great Place”

Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Quito
Austin, Texas
“Great Place”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff was super friendly and professional. The staff made you feel welcome and they went beyond their duties to help. I had to ship something out and they took care of it. Rooms were clean and the shower was great. Great view from the 15th floor... I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Quito. They hotel also had unmarked taxis for the guest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Blue4140

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here our last day and it was nice to have a great shower and a comfy bed to get us ready for the long flight home. The staff are super friendly and pointed out some great local shopping areas. Cab ride to the airport was VERY reasonable at $30.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy R
new jersey
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family was there on 09-12 June. First I have to say that we always stay at the Radisson in Quito. we had the room for two days, but we needed a third day, so the we let Johe know we wanted one more day, this was told to him a day before checkout... his response was "that we had preference to the room and just to wait because he was going to accommodate us for one more night". The next day at 8 am he said to wait then at 12.... then by 1 pm he said, sorry you need to go.... the problem was that there was a soccer game and all hotels were full... I looked for rooms for 6 hrs with no avail... so we informed them that we were unable to leave because there were no rooms and 2nd he made it sound to us as we were going to get a room.... at that moment out of nowhere "the head of security" Mauricio Vivas as he called himself said in a threating and angry look at us that he was going to throw our belonging out of the hotel. At that moment my mother who just had surgery from cancer stood up and said to him: "don't even dare treat us that way". After the incident the front desk was looking for rooms in other hotels but they did not find any, So we were allowed one more night for a higher rate without breakfast... and not without repercussion. They started by disconnecting our room phone and internet.... then when we came back from lunch our room key did not work... ok so I went down and fixed it.... then we came back from dinner my mom had an emergency because of the surgery so when we try to get in the room the card was deactivated. The first time I knew it was Claudia and Carolina from the front desk because of their smirk... I complained to them and they acted as if they just did not care... they acted so arrogant with absolutely no care to us as guest... Like I said I always arrive at the Radisson, it has always been pleasant and memorable... and this was the reason I return here but this new staff that they hired broke all the rules on how to treat guest from other countries. I am sad to say as long as Caudia, Carolina and especially Mauricio Vivas are there I would not recommend anyone to this hotel....Quito and the hotel are a beautiful place the bellboys, the housekeeper, and restaurant staff are very pleasant and attentive. I wonder if the owner knows what is going on with his hotel.... what happened with all the nice and pleasant people he used to have in the front desk? ps before my next trip I will call to see if they are there... if they are, I will go to the SwissHotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank vejo46
Magdalena F, Guest Relations Manager at NH Collection Quito Royal, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff and we are sorry to know your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and our staff is working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Your coments are very important it gives us the opportunity to improve our service.
Best regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Clean room, friendly and professional staff, great food... those are the words I use to describe this place.

The hotel had a “personal touch” about it. The room was pleasant, with a comfortable bed, nice functional furniture, and large vanity area outside the bathroom that I thought was a great design feature. It had mirrors on adjacent walls with a running broad ledge such that there was ample counter space to spread your “stuff”. Large window enhanced the look of the clean and tidy room. The upper floors have an airy ambience.

The bar had happy hour with 2 free drinks every day from 5 to 7… a great feature. The breakfast spread was good and so were the meals. We landed up eating in house for 2 of the 4 nights. All-in-all a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors with rooms ending in number *03 or *04. These are on the side of the building l...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
State College
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nice hotel, just renovated public areas. Employees at the front desk, gym, and bar were extremely friendly. The guest service manager had a great smile and attitude. Great breakfast. Many restaurants in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: We had a suite. Very convenient when travelling with a child, since the sitting room has an extra be...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tulip57
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Royal for a night en route to Bahia, Ecuador in April. I highly recommend the Radisson as a place to stay. Staff were always helpful and willing to go the extra mile to assist travelers. Food at the hotel restaurant was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cecil S
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My experience at Radisson Hotel, Quito was great !!! It is close to the most tourist places in Quito. The service was excellent, the food and wine. I highly recommend to stay here. The staff was always helpful and have always good suggestions for restaurants, places to visit, etc. The room was always cleaned. It is a very cozy hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends