“Nice but not luxury”

NH Collection Quito Royal
Ranked #14 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed for vacation travel and understood based on reviews and rates that the hotel was much more luxurious than it turned out to be in person. Location is best for business folks since its located in a cluster of big banks and corporate offices. Hotel does have an excellent desk staff, impeccable service, great quality food and restaurant. Gym needs some cleaning. Floors needed mopping, steam room area was not clean, they neglected to have towels and soap in the locker rooms. Rooms were narrow and long with a poor flow. Beds were great, but the room was a little gloomy and really needed some fresh stain on the woodwork and new paint on the walls. Hotel commands a high price so it would be in their best interest to spruce the place up so they can be competitive with other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank biztraveller10016

Reviewed 12 July 2013

good hotel, good location, good food, the breakfast was incluided in the rate, good variety of breads, fruits etc. near the center of the city... the hotel staff was very fiendly. I enjoy my stay in this hotel.
they receive you with a hand print card personalized in your room, great detail

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2013

For the last three years, as U.S. expats living in Cuenca, we periodically travel to Quito. We always look forward to staying at the Radisson. Every staff member we've met has always been very friendly and helpful, from the front desk staff to the concierge to the Radisson-specific tour guides (who have taken us everywhere from Otavalo in the north to the Amazon jungle in the east). Along with all the amenities one expects from a first class hotel, we especially enjoy the complementary wine and snacks in the lounge from 5 to 7 pm, and our favorite breakfast buffet literally in the world! (First-timers from North America should be sure to try fruits, pastries, and other local foods not found up north.)

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side, opposite the elevators, have views of two of the four active volcanoes that...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Well located and a great service.
Average internet access, but worked.
The staff was extremely helpful even we asked for a strange item: a HDMI cable.
The breakfast wasn't included in the rate. It's very good, but expensive (about $20).
I will come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff was super friendly and professional. The staff made you feel welcome and they went beyond their duties to help. I had to ship something out and they took care of it. Rooms were clean and the shower was great. Great view from the 15th floor... I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Quito. They hotel also had unmarked taxis for the guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Blue4140
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here our last day and it was nice to have a great shower and a comfy bed to get us ready for the long flight home. The staff are super friendly and pointed out some great local shopping areas. Cab ride to the airport was VERY reasonable at $30.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family was there on 09-12 June. First I have to say that we always stay at the Radisson in Quito. we had the room for two days, but we needed a third day, so the we let Johe know we wanted one more day, this was told to him a day before checkout... his response was "that we had preference to the room and just to wait because he was going to accommodate us for one more night". The next day at 8 am he said to wait then at 12.... then by 1 pm he said, sorry you need to go.... the problem was that there was a soccer game and all hotels were full... I looked for rooms for 6 hrs with no avail... so we informed them that we were unable to leave because there were no rooms and 2nd he made it sound to us as we were going to get a room.... at that moment out of nowhere "the head of security" Mauricio Vivas as he called himself said in a threating and angry look at us that he was going to throw our belonging out of the hotel. At that moment my mother who just had surgery from cancer stood up and said to him: "don't even dare treat us that way". After the incident the front desk was looking for rooms in other hotels but they did not find any, So we were allowed one more night for a higher rate without breakfast... and not without repercussion. They started by disconnecting our room phone and internet.... then when we came back from lunch our room key did not work... ok so I went down and fixed it.... then we came back from dinner my mom had an emergency because of the surgery so when we try to get in the room the card was deactivated. The first time I knew it was Claudia and Carolina from the front desk because of their smirk... I complained to them and they acted as if they just did not care... they acted so arrogant with absolutely no care to us as guest... Like I said I always arrive at the Radisson, it has always been pleasant and memorable... and this was the reason I return here but this new staff that they hired broke all the rules on how to treat guest from other countries. I am sad to say as long as Caudia, Carolina and especially Mauricio Vivas are there I would not recommend anyone to this hotel....Quito and the hotel are a beautiful place the bellboys, the housekeeper, and restaurant staff are very pleasant and attentive. I wonder if the owner knows what is going on with his hotel.... what happened with all the nice and pleasant people he used to have in the front desk? ps before my next trip I will call to see if they are there... if they are, I will go to the SwissHotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank vejo46
Magdalena F, Guest Relations Manager at NH Collection Quito Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff and we are sorry to know your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the feedback and our staff is working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Your coments are very important it gives us the opportunity to improve our service.
Best regards,