“Excellent overall”

NH Collection Quito Royal
Ranked #12 of 111 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have now been staying in the Radisson in Quito for the last 12 days, and I have 3 more to go, and I can say this hotel is not only one of the best in Quito, but it is excellent by any standards. The reception staff has been friendly and efficient during every interaction, the doormen, as well as everyone with whom I have spoken has been really friendly and service minded.
The room is a good size, comfortable, the bed linens and pillows are very comfortable, the room service has been delicious, the daily breakfast has been especially great because of the fresh fruit, pineapples, papaya, melon, star fruit, mango, grapes, apples, banana, and some other tropical fruits, the names of which escape me right now. This is in addition to the typical selection of breads, hams, cheeses, bacon, custom made eggs, salmon, roast beef, anyway, you get the picture, enough variety to be ok for a long stay like mine. The Radisson is right across the street from the Swisshotel which also has restaurants and a Deli (Quito Deli), as well as there are a Mexican Restaurant, a pub type restaurant named Pims, and a traditional Ecuadorian restaurant named Lo Nuestro within walking distance. Based on the close proximity, it is safe to walk to any of these places at night. The Gym is compact but the equipment is new and provides a great workout. There is a sauna, but no pool. Dry cleaning and laundry services are amazingly quick and good quality. You receive a free bottle of water every day, which is usually not enough, try to bring a bottle or two back to the hotel every night to avoid breaking into the $9 dollar Evian. I am very much enjoying my stay in this great hotel, in this beautiful city that is Quito.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter. 10th Floor is Smoking Floor, all other spaces are no smokin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for NH Collection Quito Royal

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed a total of 4 nights, pre and post trip to Galapagos Islands. Our travel agent had booked an alternative hotel but after 1 night wisely decided to spent a few extra dollars on the Radisson.
Staff were very helpful and allowed us to change rooms. Internet speed excellent with good reception.
Gym catered for a of both cardio and weight training.
Will stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our Friendly Planet one week "Exotic Ecuador" tour started and finished here. Wonderful, accommodating hotel staff, super great breakfast spread and comfortable, well-appointed room all made for a nice start and end to our time in Ecuador. The "egg chef" at the breakfast buffet is a real artist! The front desk employees are all well-versed in English and tips to assist travelers. One caveat... after you drink your two complimentary bottles of water do not open the $9 bottle for sale in the room!! You can walk a couple of short blocks and purchase larger bottles for less than $2 each.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbisam
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Last year, I stayed at the Radisson Quito for 3 months. Overall, the stay was fantastic. The staff made us feel like home despite being away for so long. The location of the hotel for my business trip couldn't be any better. The hotel is also very close to the Plaza Fosh (a must see) where my coworkers and I went out for drinks every weekend.

The hotels has a happy hour everyday for all guests (2 drinks free each) and free snacks in the bar between 5-7pm. My favorite was the Club Premium Roja. I was there before 7PM everyday for 2 beers or glasses of wine and food. Yum!

The restaurant staff were just simply fantastic and very friendly. Room service was good too, even at 1-2 AM after going partying at Plaza Fosh and coming back with the munchies. Room services never failed and it was always delicious and fresh.

My wife came and visit during my 3 month stay and the hotel helped arrange a special welcoming arrival for her. I really cannot thanks them enough.

My only complaint was when checking out. In total, it was a group of about 13 of us, including myself. The hotels made us wait until the last minute to pay all our expenses for the last month. It ended up taking a long time for everyone to check out and pay their bills. It mattered to us because we were coordinating with a large group and trying to catch our flight back to the US. At the end, we made on time to the airport so it wasnt a big deal. Just aware if you are traveling in a big group. Check out may not be the easiest part of your stay.

Overall, I felt in love with Ecuador and I cannot wait to go back for leisure and will definitely be staying at the Radisson Royal in Quito.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I recently stayed here with a group. The staff and waitstaff were the most accomodating, friendly, available I have ever encountered in a hotel. The rooms were extrememly comfortable and well stocked. The breakfast was unbelievable: table after table of hot and cold offerings and a made to order omelet station. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever lucky enough to go back to Quito.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth_Smo
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel, not my first time but just like before their staff was very friendly and very helfpul. The girl in front desk offer me to join to Carl's club and they gave me a room upgrade free of charge after accepting, that was just awesome.
I look foward for my next stay here, it's definately worth it, I felt very welcomed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jhonny S
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is an extremely well run business class hotel, with the warmest, friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered anywhere. Hotel has several vehicles to ferry guests to and from airport at a most reasonable fee($16 at this writing), in addition to anywhere else I wanted to go-great job Cesar, who was most accommodating in getting me where I wanted to go and clued me into some things I would have missed. I got to hotel about 2 am and had no problems checking in. A very nice feature in this hotel is the screen in the lobby showing departures/arrivals at the airport, as well being able to read an English written newspaper(NY Times, Miami Herald, etc.)-ask at the front desk. Belen, Carolina & Estafania at the front desk were outstanding, as was the wait staff at breakfast.
Only minor complaints-hotel vehicle drivers speak limited English(some none), and the hotel could use a little "brightening up"-carpets, etc. which I understand is planned.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo