“Comfortable hotel, but nothing too special”
Review of Hotel Quito

Hotel Quito
Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Quito
“Comfortable hotel, but nothing too special”
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived here as part of a tour and my arrival wasn't expected, but was sorted out fairly quickly. The staff are very personable and helpful. It s a big hotel with a great view-particularly from the restaurant. It is in quite a good location-you can walk to many restaurants, the supermarket and old town is a $5 cab fare. Breakfast is very good-a great selection of hot and cold foods. The beds/pillows are comfortable. There is a swimming pool and gym (I didn't use either) bathooms were clean, water hot with good pressure. I just felt there was something lacking in the ambience!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Parkland
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Wonderful breakfast buffet, Clean updated rooms with excellent view. Very accommodating. Can't wait to come back here again. Love this hotel! We even had dinner here one night and the food was superb. Also, great location for touring. We took cabs mostly but the hotel was in a great place near all. rooms were quite comfortable and at first I was nervous because I read all the other reviews but I truly felt this hotel should have an excellent rating.

Room Tip: ask for the view of the mountains overlooking the pool. 2nd floor was great. internet so-so but we g...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Quito on two different occasions during the same excursion. The following was my FIRST review of the hotel and my initial impression: "As this was my first visit to Ecuador, I was quite uncertain as to what to expect especially after a 2:30 am VERY late arrival. I was thrilled to find a modern hotel of moderate size staffed by gracious and alert front -desk staff.

The room was clean, spacious enough, smelled fresh climate-controlled (well, sort of) and quiet. The wonderful hot shower with get-ya-squeeky-clean water pressure melted away the fatigue, aches and travel grit. Located in a nifty, trendy part of town, the Hotel Quito was an oasis."

My second visit was quite a bit different: The room overlooked the hotels' rooftop air conditioning compressors so there was no hope of sleep. "Well close the window and drown out the noise with the in-room AC?" Doesn't exist. You open the window or drop from the heat or freeze from the chilly weather because the rooms have neither heat nor air. Also I guess Disco is still alive in Quito because a nearby club kept the music thumping and by thumping I mean nerve-jarring THUMPING until well after 2 am. Add to this the early-morning construction noise on the roof (yes, the one with the air conditioner compressors) and my view of this hotel changed dramatically. In addition I noticed a double standard when it came to some minority members in our tour group in that they were CLEARLY being treated as lesser than

So it was a mixed bag. For my money I will not stay there again. As a frequent traveller, one thing I require is consistency when it comes to lodgings and this place is a bit all over the map. But let the decision be yours.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank wldcatjaz
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 July 2013

As part of our many trips and tours to Ecuador, Hotel Quito is wonderful place to land after a long flight and evening arrival. The view from the restaurant allows for an evening night cap. The breakfast buffet in the morning is a great way to get started while experiencing the view of the city. The pool, the work out room, sauna are all available to relax in as one adjusts to the altitude.
The large front lobby is a great place to just hang our.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool and high up off the busy street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here on our first and last nights in Ecuador - so pretty much a good place to sleep. It's a pretty large hotel - you can end up down some long halls. You can walk to a few places nearby for eating or shopping, but in general will take a cab to places of interest.

The second time we were there we arrived mid-afternoon on a sunny day and our room was on the sunny side and was very hot. Air Conditioning isn't common in Ecuador - but they brought us a fan and we opened the sliding glass door so that as the sun set (which is always around 6:30) the room cooled down nicely. There was also a pretty good sized wedding going on - which is why they couldn't just move us to a different room - but we didn't hear anyone making too much noise or anything.

The restaurant is on the top floor - so a nice view - and good omelets and breakfast buffet. Our last night we were thinking about a quick bite to eat - the restaurant seemed pretty high scale, so we went across the street instead.

Room Tip: Better to not be on the side that's sunny in the afternoon.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kent S
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here on 2 different occasions. The hotel is modern looking and has seven floors. The rooms aren't large, but they were comfortable and clean. We swam in the swimming pool which was also clean and very warm. I could see a nice gym/workout room by the pool, but I didn't use it. We ate several times on the restaurant on the 7th floor. The dinner we had was delicious and very reasonably priced. We were able to get wifi in both of the rooms that we stayed in, although some people had difficulty. The wifi worked well in the lobby for everyone. It isn't anything fancy or special, but I think it was a good night's stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour group. First impressions were promising, there is a nice pool, and nice views from the restaurant. This hotel has no air conditioning, my 6th floor room was hot and uncomfortable, when I complained I was told to open the window, however there is heavy traffic around this hotel which brings both noise and pollution. The next day the hotel moved my room to a 3rd floor pool facing room which was cooler, however the bath plug did not work and internet reception was appalling, and it was very poor during my stay throughout the hotel. The restaurant has strict rules about wearing shoes for dinner despite the fact that the hotel accomodates adventure tour groups heading to the Galapagos Islands and gladly takes their money. The location is poor, it isnt in the old town, it isnt in the new town, just on a hill, with its views and nothing else except disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends