Hotel Quito
Priceline
  • Pool
US$210
US$152
All reviewsfloor restaurantroom facing the pooltop floornice hotelnice poolthere is no air conditioningbreakfast buffet isbusiness hotelstreet noisetaxi ridegalapagos islandsold towneggslobbygymtaxisplug
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great stay on a Gate 1 tour. The breakfast was beyond good...great coffee, omelet station, fresh yogurt , fresh fruits, and homemade delicious breads. Enjoyed laying by the pool, and very nice staff. They offer coffee in the lobby and have great shops on the lobby floor. We walked about 4 blocks to a big grocery store and passed an indoor craft market. The view from the breakfast room was incredible.....with the mountains in the background.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank luckylou56
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed for three nights in Hotel Quito between the Galapagos boat trip and Lima. Our room faced the street but there were no untoward noise consequences of this. Breakfast was included each morning in the upper level restaurant where we dined on the first night as well. Some people might prefer the more old Colonial feeling of staying in the old downtown area whereas Hotel Quito is on a hill in a clean modern area of the city. There are restaurants and other major hotels within a short walk. We took a taxi from the hotel to visit the Botanical Gardens. The remarkable Central Bank Museum of Quito within the Casa De La Cultura Ecuatoriana complex which also includes a cineteca can be reached in about twenty minutes by walking. For those staying downtown, this extraordinary collection could be somewhat out of the way but Hotel Quito provides easy access without transport. The hotel provided free wifi together with a 24/7 business.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool could be preferred by some travellers
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel. The first night was upon my arrival from the US and the night before I was to fly to the Galapagos. The room was on the third floor and faced the pool. No issues with this room. It was quiet and clean. The décor is a little dated. It would be such a huge improvement if they chose a different color as the highlight color instead of a blah brown color. I spent two more nights after my Galapagos trip, but this time I got a 2nd floor room facing the street. I didn't get much sleep. First, there is a car park next to the hotel where my room was located. Car alarms went off at night. Traffic noise continued until late into the night. It also didn't seem as clean as the room I stayed in the night before. The hall where the room was located was also a little dark. The lights are turned on by a motion sensor, but it's quite dark otherwise, and still a little dim when the lights turn on.

I ate at the restaurant both nights as I was too tired to go out to eat. The restaurant has a lovely view at night with all the lights. The food was acceptable, although a little pricey, which is to be expected for a business hotel. There is a nice little shabby chic café across the street called Miele. There are a couple of other restaurants close by, but I didn't try them. I also used the taxi service to get to the airport and to go to the equator museums. The taxi driver was a woman, which for me being a woman, was comforting. She waited for me as I went to the sites, and it was about USD55 for 4 hours.

I just went to with Hotel Quito because my tour operator arranged it, and I didn't have time to research hotels. I think it's fine for what it was for, but make sure you do not get a street facing room on the lower floors because of the noise.

Room Tip: As I said before, get a higher floor room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WhirldTraveler
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Free WiFi. As stated by others, the hotel could do with an upgrade-the lobby is beautiful and modern which is not the case in the rooms. Staff were friendly and quick to help. The restaurant has a lovely view, but the food was only average. Lots of cafes and coffee shops around the hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a wonderful time with Gate 1 in Ecuador: all hotels are quite special (first time we used fire place to heat the rooms); the tour guide speaks fluent English, and is knowledgeable and very helpful; the bus driver drove safely; and most importantly local people are very friendly. The programs are well planned. We definitely will go with Gate 1 in the future trips!

Before going there, we were extremely concerned about the weather, because weather forecast said nearly every day it would be raining. Lucky us, we had not seen a drop of rain till the night we left Quito. The rain poncho we bought had never been used during the trip.

Finally we saw Amazon, Napo River in Ahuna, where we slept in a extremely spacious room, ate various food and enjoyed beautiful scenery. We took canoes along Napo River to hop from one island to another. On one island we saw lots of squirrel monkeys jumping in wood and one mom monkey holding a baby monkey, which was really interesting. It was very hot there but manageable.

We were excited to see Cotopaxi national park with the elevation of 12,000 feet above sea level, and we both did not feel altitude sickness although we prepared some candy and medicine for emergency use.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family