“Never again”

Ranked #39 of 114 Hotels in Quito
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Good location. Fair value. Terrible rooms and worse breakfast. We booked two nights, just to check it out. Having done that, just let me say that I wouldn't stay here again if you were paying.

Their free breakfast is coffee and two croissants.

Could be a great spot with minimal effort but evidently they are not willing to change the status quo.

The hotel is located in "Backpacker Central" and is probably their target audience.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Nice location aprox 20mins from the airport. Veronica arranged my transport to the hotel and the driver was there waiting when my plane arrived. The room was clean, the bed was so comfortable. I felt like I was staying at a friends house. A great place to stay if you are looking for a more personal experience.

• Stayed May 2011
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Recently, I stayed 8 nights at this delightful "boutique" hotel. An old-world charm and graciousness is infused in every part of this hotel - from the the welcoming lobby with fireplace to the comfortable beamed-ceiling room to the garden-like atmosphere of the breakfast room. I had a delightful room, with live plants and a small terrace overlooking the street and felt a part of the city.
The staff - Veronica, Gallo, Rosita, Nelson, Louis - that I met were considerate, polite, helpful and made me feel at home - important as I was traveling alone.
Veronica arranged an airport pick-up for me, arranged a tour of the Mitad del Mundo, answered all my questions and arranged a car to drop me off at the airport. I felt I was leaving home when I left - next day I was a little homesick for the Antinea

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Mjhawaii
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2011

It is not a typical hotel with long corridors ,hundreds of rooms, thousands of people etc. Is is a very cosy, beautiful place with very nice rooms/appartments. We stayed in two diffrerent appartments - both very big, very nicely furnitured. This is a small building so the atmosphere is very nice, we could feel almost like at home. Veronica - a fanstastic, very nice lady in the reception , helps in everything .,The hotel organizes also daily tours (private) in Quito and other places ( Otavalo,Mindo<Cotopaxi) with the very attractive price.
I strongly recommend it !!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jolam10
new york city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

We recently stayed at the Hotel at the beginning and end of our trip in Ecuador. The rooms are enourmous; service excellent. The location is also wonderful. Located near Plaza Foch, there are at least a dozen interesting restaurants a few blocks away. It is a wonderful garden townhouse and we were glad we found it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

This hotel is clean, sapcious, in a great neighborhood for walking to restaurants. The staff was freindl and helpful. We had the palacial suite that sleeps 6. Fare from the airport is five US dollars, making this hotel accesible, comfortable, very elegant for the rice

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

We are a family of five, traveling around the world. We have been staying at many different hotels, but Antinea was very special. We arrived in the airport, not knowing where to go, but in reply to an email they came and picked us up. The rooms very very special, old style with charming furniture, clean an spacious rooms and the whole place had a very special atmosphere. They served us breakfast with freshly pressed juice, eggs, bread and everything you could wish for. They gave us friendly advice on where to go and what to see, and they helped us arrange our trip around ecuador. Even after we left, they have still kept us in mind, and helped ud ship a box of souvenirs back to Denmark, a service you won´t find at any other ordinary hotels. I can only send my warmest recommendations of Hotel Antinea to anyone who may need a place to stay in Quito, it is a tranquil place in a hectic city, something out of the ordinary.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family