“A great temporary home; great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Antinea

Antinea
Ranked #39 of 114 Hotels in Quito
new york city
“A great temporary home; great location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

We recently stayed at the Hotel at the beginning and end of our trip in Ecuador. The rooms are enourmous; service excellent. The location is also wonderful. Located near Plaza Foch, there are at least a dozen interesting restaurants a few blocks away. It is a wonderful garden townhouse and we were glad we found it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

This hotel is clean, sapcious, in a great neighborhood for walking to restaurants. The staff was freindl and helpful. We had the palacial suite that sleeps 6. Fare from the airport is five US dollars, making this hotel accesible, comfortable, very elegant for the rice

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

We are a family of five, traveling around the world. We have been staying at many different hotels, but Antinea was very special. We arrived in the airport, not knowing where to go, but in reply to an email they came and picked us up. The rooms very very special, old style with charming furniture, clean an spacious rooms and the whole place had a very special atmosphere. They served us breakfast with freshly pressed juice, eggs, bread and everything you could wish for. They gave us friendly advice on where to go and what to see, and they helped us arrange our trip around ecuador. Even after we left, they have still kept us in mind, and helped ud ship a box of souvenirs back to Denmark, a service you won´t find at any other ordinary hotels. I can only send my warmest recommendations of Hotel Antinea to anyone who may need a place to stay in Quito, it is a tranquil place in a hectic city, something out of the ordinary.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

My wife and I are frequent international travelers. Antanea was a serinpedious experience rarely encountered an true oasis in an active city.

Cornelia & Tom Trapáni

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Antinea for about 10 days through the New Years Holiday 2009-2010. It’s a small boutique hotel, and the front desk manager, Clara, was just absolutely wonderful. She completely made the difference in our stay. Her professionalism, hospitality, friendliness, and desire to please the guests are outstanding.

Prior to our stay, in addition to helping us with everything we needed for her hotel and our stay in Quito, she also assisted us with planning a 3 day trip to the beach area, Manta. She recommended a hotel there, took care of the reservations for us, and the hotel turned out to be excellent! (Manta was also her recommendation for a beach town to visit, which was an excellent recommendation).

Once we arrived and met Clara, it was obvious she really enjoyed helping people, and there was no request we made that was not only not denied, but completed quickly and with the most enthusiastic response possible! For example, when we needed to rent a car for 2 days, Clara called several companies, found us the best deal, made the reservations, and ensured it would be very simple when we picked up the car (if you have ever rented a car outside of the U.S., you know how valuable this service was to us!). When we changed our mind about when we would return the car, she took care of that as well.

I travel a lot for my job, and stay at some of the best hotels, with concierge services, in the U.S. I have very rarely received the same professional, personalized, attentive customer service at a hotel than that which we received from Clara. What a great experience it was! She really made our stay in Quito much easier and fun! THANKS CLARA!!!

The only sad thing is that Carla resigned during our stay, and her last day was the day after we left! :-( Hotel Antinea will not be the same without her. Losing Clara is a SIGNIFICANT loss for the hotel…. (The hotel itself was not that great, and since Clara left I would have a hard time recommending it. The rooms were not very private, and had a foul odor, that was possibly mildew in the carpeting in the bathroom (in general, bathrooms should be tiled, not carpeted). If you want to know more, send me a private message as I do not want to give too much negative detail in this review.)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank steverock5
miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

During the last three years I had several ocations to stay in Hotel Antinea in Quito, family operated warm and friendly Antinéa is a perfect location for short or extended stay, the staff is young super friendly and willing to help in any possible way, the owners are present daily which makes the hotel run very well.
Rooms are atractive and comfortable the apartments have refrigeratos and cooking facilities and all the ooms include continental breakfast serve in a dinning room or in beatiful terraces.
Hotel is located in the safest tourist seccion of Quito I highly recommended as a place with no competition in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

I stayed here for a month while I took Spanish classes and explored Quito. I did a ton of research before coming because I had a good size budget and specific needs: I wanted something more upscale than a hostel or 3-star B&B, a place with character, a large apartment-like feel with a kitchen to prepare breakfast, and convenient location. Antinea Hotel exceeded all my expectations. It's located in the heart of the "Mariscal" or New Quito with amazing restaurants a few feet away, yet at the same time, it's on a quiet, cobble-stone one-way street with little noise. The hotel oozes charm. Each room is different. Mine is a loft with high ceilings and huge windows that open up onto the street. The wi-fi connection is perfect, the staff is friendly, and they have a good cable TV selection. Since I am studying, I spend a lot of my downtime in the hotel and it feels like home. The only reason I give it 4-stars in some areas is because it could use a few small upgrades, which would give it a more luxurious feel. For example, the towels are worn, the TV is from the 1980s, one of my phones doesn't work, and the "gym" is just one old stationary bike. So if you are a traveler that pays close attention to detail and would complain about these things, this hotel isn't for you. But I think the charm, location, and adorable rooms far make up for any small shortcomings. I will definitely visit again and again...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business