“Great service”
Review of Hotel Sierra Madre

Hotel Sierra Madre
Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Quito
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Friendly staff went out of their way to assist with lost baggage (airline) and answer my questions. I was impressed with the facilities. Wifi, water dispensers fresh towels/linen and good food all appreciated. Far exceeded what I expected in this price range. Great location close to older area as well as conveniences. The service is what made it though as a lone female traveller. Would definitely stay there again if I go back to Quito.

2  Thank Katnz2013

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. It was well located as it was near Mariscal area and only a short taxi ride from the centre of town.The room had good space and a good bathroom, and its own bacony. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The decor of the hotel is rustic and characterful, with timber and/or cermic floors.Highly recommended for a budget option.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel two nights: one at the beginning of our trip and one night at the end. There was a room mix up both times because we paid for a room with a balcony and they originally put us in one without, but they did change it. Our view from the balcony was amazing! My boyfriend even went to the local shop and bought some beer and we just sat and admired the views after a long day of hiking and traveling. In the morning, the first thing I did was go out on the balcony and see the sleeping city.

The location is very close to Mariscal district, however it is a pretty young area and not really that interesting at night, unless you wanna eat burgers and drink for the same price you would in NY. (My boyfriend and I were looking for a more Ecuadorian influence)

The breakfast was good. We got the American breakfast and therefore, if we wante any of the cereal, cheese, or salami, we had to pay extra- it seemed rather silly, but whatever.

Overall it was really comfortable and we enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chimmerz
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Excellent service at the hotel, Santiago and the other employees were very helpful and made me feel like I was home. The food was good, and they had plenty of information about places to stay and visit in Quito. Of course I would stay here again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Quito is not the safest, and the street this hotel on feels like most in the city, but the hotel is adorable, and the staff very friendly. They have signs explaining the hot water situation, and we got upgraded on our way out to the suite which has a GREAT view from the balcony. I would go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RN2travel365
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed only one night before our flight to Cuenca. The desk clerk spoke pretty good English and was very helpful. He was happy to call and book our hotel in Cuenca for us. We missed breakfast so can't vouch for that. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The room was really big for the price, the hotel works with your needs. Really clean rooms, hot shower. Wifi is excellent in the room. I recommend, very helpful and nice. Great hotel that's close enough to the airport. its near a mall with taxi. Can walk to mcdonalds and get a mcfiesta. Breakfast that's included is nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends