We stayed for three separate nights at La Rabida each time in transit to the Galapagos, Amazon or elsewhere. Each night we had a different room so experienced three different layouts. The rooms are simple and comfortable however our preference was for the downstairs room. The decor is dated however it is easy to see why so many reviewers describe La Rabida as a home away from home.
Judy and her staff are very helpful and dealt with an airline query that we had due to our poor grasp of Spanish.
Dining at La Rabida has to be one of its best features. The evening meals were excellent with a good cross section of local dishes available. There really is no need to dine out if staying there as all evening meals enjoyed and the prices were more than reasonable.
Our only disappointment was that we had to leave early each time therefore could not experience a cooked breakfast although toast, fruit and yoghurt were made available for early departures.
Note - the trip to the airport is long taking anywhere from 50 minutes to 85 minutes depending on traffic. The car fumes along the way are bad so we found it necessary to ask each taxi driver to close the air-flow vents. The taxi charge is fixed at US $26 however we did note (on our 6 taxi trips) that some taxi drivers took the long way to avoid the toll. While the long way is scenic travelling along narrow snaking coblestone roads in taxis with poor suspension (due to road conditions) loses its novelty after the first few trips.
If you don't intend to sight-see and are simply in transit I would recommend you get a hacienda or BandB closer to the airport until the new airport route has been finished. This is no reflection on La Rabida, simply the awfully long trip from the airport to Quito.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Rabida is an old traditional home recently restored into a first class, charming Quito hotel. We offer our guests the gracious atmosphere and style of a beautiful vacation home located in the heart of Quito, Ecuador near most places of historical and tourist interest as well as restaurants, banks, travel agencies and shops. With only 11 charming and tastefully decorated rooms, Hostal de la Rabida is a very special Quito hotel in which to enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. For those travelling in the company of their furry friends, you'll be happy to know that we are a pet-friendly hotel and will gladly accept any and all guests that plan to visit with their pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hostal de La Rabida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal De La Rabida Hotel Quito
- Hostal De La Rabida Quito