We spent single nights here 4 times while we came and went.
For that reason we wanted and needed internet.They advertize internet and wifi. Wifi was not working most of the time and the internet only half of the time. Very disappointing. It is most likely the carrier but I would think there must be better options in Quito.
We have zero complaints regarding the staff, the food, the rooms. All was comfortable and very good. We had room 3 every time. A nice little feature. The staff really did go above and beyond.
We also stayed in the old town and actually preferred that location. So much more to see and in walking distance. In a sense we felt safer on the streets in the old town as well.
A store 'Hilana' that sells really nice (although a bit expensive) alpaca and wool fibre articles is within walking distance. (at the corner of Av 6 de Diciembre and Veintimilla)
There are many good restaurants within the area. Our favorite was Shere-E-Punjab (Indian food)on the corner of Juan Leon Mera and Pinta (very close)
They were able to accommodate a late checkout (for a fee) which was really appreciated
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de La Rabida is an old traditional home recently restored into a first class, charming Quito hotel. We offer our guests the gracious atmosphere and style of a beautiful vacation home located in the heart of Quito, Ecuador near most places of historical and tourist interest as well as restaurants, banks, travel agencies and shops. With only 11 charming and tastefully decorated rooms, Hostal de la Rabida is a very special Quito hotel in which to enjoy your stay in our beautiful city. For those travelling in the company of their furry friends, you'll be happy to know that we are a pet-friendly hotel and will gladly accept any and all guests that plan to visit with their pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hostal de La Rabida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal De La Rabida Hotel Quito
- Hostal De La Rabida Quito