“Great Location, Horrid breakfast”
Review of Yellow House Hotel

and 1 more site!
Yellow House Hotel
Ranked #28 of 114 Hotels in Quito
Tena, Ecuador
“Great Location, Horrid breakfast”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Beatiful B&B style home with about 12 guest rooms right in the heart of Plaza Facho, or "Gringolandia". Nice decor and hardwood floors throughout, but rooms, decorated in bright orange and white, feel like you are sleeping within an orange creamsicle. Rooms are large and sparse-- good for travelers with lots of bulky luggage. Nice large flat-screen Tvs too. Beds were firm and overall I slept soundly-- not too much outside noise to disturb me. For the price and location, I will continue to stay here since I live in Ecuador and travel to Quito often. However, I know of other hotels in this same price range that include a hot yummy breakfast. The breakfast at Yellow House, included, was downright disgusting and unedible. Splash out a bit and buy breakfast out at 'The Magic Bean'.
I do reccommend staying here for the price and location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chelseaprice
inbetween123, General Manager at Yellow House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your review from 2012, every review is very important for us, as we are constantly trying to improve our service. Since last year we have been focussing on improving our rooms (some new ones have been added) as well our breakfast service and hope that it is much more satisfactory than before, we hope you come back again to check it out ;)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stumbled upon the Yellow House Hotel - the place I was staying nearby was double booked - I wandered around the neighborhood looking for accomodation for the one night. It is a lovely, quite elegant old house with lots of rooms away from the noisy bars but most importantly both the manager and the owner are REALLY friendly, fun and helpful. They've thought of every detail and if they haven't they will go that extra mile to help you out. I asked if they could direct me to a shop to buy some packing tape - 20 minutes later packing tape was delivered to my room! I asked where I might buy an up market Panama hat, I was led to a shop with top quality hats. The hotel manager was like a good friend, nothing was too much trouble. I will stay there every time I go to Quito and can not recommend it enough. It isn't even expensive!

Room Tip: Make sure not to have a room with windows on the side of the building where there is loud music at n...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank diana e
Thank you for your review.The Yellow House staff is always making a special effort to provide a good service and to make the traveller feeling at home, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to have you again soon!