“Great Location and Apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
BEDROOM 1: Queen size bed BEDROOM 2: Queen size bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
BEDROOM 1: Queen size bed
BEDROOM 2: Queen size bed
BEDROOM 3, with a single bed
LIVING ROOM, spacious, comfortable and luminous
TV ROOM: Tv cable, DVD, tons of movies to choose, exchange books. Board games
HUGE BATHROOM: hot water 24/7. Great presure!
WASHER AND DRYER, also exterior space to sun dry if prefered
Entrance
Sandra, the owner
FOOD MARKET: within 12 minuts' walk or a 1$ taxi ride
QUITO COLONIAL: 0,25$ US in the troley-bus or 2,50$ US taxi ride
LA COMPANIA DE JESUS in Quito. All covered in gold!!!
ROOFS from a roof in Quito
SANTO DOMINGO CHURCH, sample of Quitenian colonial art
GALAPAGOS; the jungle; beaches and volcanos. We can help with your travel arrangements
TREN CRUCERO, from luxurious to afordable rides along the country
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Spanish first
Any
MKGrady
“Great Location and Apartment”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My family of 4 adults stayed here for a little over a full week. Sandra is beyond awesome! In addition to answering so many of my questions before we ever arrived, she is extremely helpful in Quito. I found myself emailing her so I wouldn't disturb her at home, but she lives upstairs and is accessible by phone.

The apartment was the perfect size for us with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen had everything we needed, and we prepared meals for ourselves a few times. There is a fruit stand, bakery, pharmacy, and a couple of tiendas within walking distance. A SuperMaxi (grocery store) is also within walking distance, but it's a cheap taxi ride if you prefer. There are several restaurants close by as well, and we had great meals at all the ones we chose.

The location is close to a main road in Quito, so you can easily catch a cab to any destination within the city. A bus stop is close as well although we chose not to take one while in Quito.

It can be chilly in the apartment in the evening and early morning, and there are ample blankets on the bed.

Great home base for exploring Quito and the surrounding area.

7 Jan 2017
Dear Mary Katharine thank you so much for your warm review!!!!

It was so nice to learn from your Christmas tradition of traveling the family all toghether each year to a diferent country. A very lovely example of how this time of the year should be no more than family time.

Please give my best to your parents and brother and wishing you all a wanderful 2017!!!
Charmaepy...
“A place full of Awesomeness! A perfect home to stay in Quito, Ecuador!”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Awesome apartment and the most awesome host Sandra. I came in Quito with 2 of my other colleagues for the Habitat 3 Conference. We stayed for 10 nights from 13-23 October. The warmth and hospitality of Sandra being the host you can already feel when she picked us up in the airport. She gave us all the information we need and even went an extra mile to make sure there are bread, coffee, tea in the apartment in case we are hungry after a long flight.

She herself is a tourist guide so it is very handy to have her give us tips on what we can do and what is practical or not. She makes sure that the apartment is also being cleaned after a few days even if it's actually our responsibility to keep it clean. She helped us grab a taxi whenever we needed it and she is just an angel in disguise.

Wifi connection is also super fast & very reliable which is very important especially because we came to Quito to work.

My stay in Quito was perfect. Thanks to the ever supportive and Mama-like treatment of Sandra. I can definitely recommend big time to stay at Sandra's place. And to Sandra, we will meet again...next time with my whole family.☺

7 Nov 2016
Dear Mansi,

It’s so nice when you make good friendships in life. You are one of this persons, easy to laugh and easy to get along. The Habitat Conference was a great opportunity to have all these wonderful people from all over bringing their expertise and wonderful ideas to improve the world. You were one of them and I am also very thankful for that!,

I want to thank you for staying with us and hopefully one day you might be able to come back with all your family. I would love to meet them!
Mansi V
The Hague, The Netherlands
“A perfect home away from home”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We stayed with 3 friends / colleagues in Sandra's apartment for 10 days during the Habitat III conference in Quito. In brief, the house was very comfortable with great attention to details for your every need - from fresh fruits to cooking equipment to washing machine to just beautiful craft details. The location of the house is in a wonderful quiet and safe neighbourhood with easy access to taxis, supermarket, places to eat, public parks, departmental stores etc. It takes just a quick hop and ride to reach downtown La Mariscal / Centro historico. Knowing the city fabric of Quito better now after these 10 days, I am even extra glad to stay in the neighbourhood of this apartment.

Sandra as a host, surpasses all expectations - she immediately helps to make you feel welcome, comfortable and safe. Not only helping you with settling down, Sandra also helps you with tours (she herself is an excellent tour guide and a fun intelligent companion at that). From all my experiences of renting homes worldwide, I can confidently say - this was the best! Thank you for a great time and for sure this will not be our last visit to you!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
3 Nov 2016
Dear Charm,

It was a real pleasure to meet you all with the laughs and great energy you brought to Quito.

I am very glad you had a good flight back home and finally get to be with your family again. Your little ones are not going to let you go anywhere soon! Because mom is really fun and loving. I know you were missing them so much.

Please let me know if you decide to come back to Ecuador, hopefully with all your family, I would love to meet them all specially your little babies.

Lots of hugs,
Frostburg, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
7 Jul 2016
Hi David and Elaine, thanks for your kind words. I hope you had a good flight back home.

I was looking at the information you left me about the volunteer work you did and I want to thank you for caring about this program in Cuenca. It is so great to be able to count with people like you and your family to make a diference!

It is really nice to have meet you all, you have three great kids!
Abrasos,
MattBatt8...
London, United Kingdom
“An excellent place to stay and experience Quito”
Reviewed 17 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Our family spent a fantastic 7 weeks here in November and December 2015.

The apartment is spacious and well-looked after, with everything you need for a good stay. Our two children are 3 years old and 6 months old and the place was perfect for them. It really felt like a home.

It's in a quiet but well-located part of Quito. There are a few nice local shops and restaurants (especially the Shibumi Sushi bar and the coffee/cake shop called San Honore) plus a great park for kids. Taxis are the best option for getting around the rest of Quito and are cheap and easy to pick-up just outside the apartment.

The best part of it all is Sandra who is an excellent host with perfect English - she arranged pick-ups to and from the airport, took us to the supermarket on our first day, helped book trips and provided lots of tips and advice.

We loved our time in Quito and staying here was a big part of that!

Travelling group: Young Children
18 Jan 2016
Hi Matt, Cathy, Audrey and Marnie,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was great to meet you all, especially my favorite girl Audrey, she is so cute and sweet! You are amazing and loving parents, that makes it all.

I hope you had a good trip back home, England is far away, and even more for two little girls.

Please send my best to your parents as well.

Hoping to see you son again,
Crystal B
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 15 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We stayed at Sandra's home for 9 nights with our 4 small children. We were so nervous about be able to find a place for them to feel grounded and this place fit the bill. The kids felt they had a great place to rest their heads at night as well as a place to play when we were not our exploring the city. Sandra was very accommodating even brining in a crib and highchair for our baby!

When we first arrived Sandra was great to give us a tour of the property as well as a very handy binder of information for nearby shopping and dinning full of directions and very useful information. She even was kind enough to take my husband to the nearby Supermaxi to pick up some essentials for the kiddos.

Location was great and felt safely away from the commotion yet close enough for a walk or quick taxi ride to different venues!

You couldn't ask for a better host, Sandra has great English and is a tremendous help when you need a little translation. An amazing resource for information on things to do around the area.

You won't be disappointed staying here!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The helpfulness of Sandra!
Travelling group: Young Children
16 Nov 2015
Hi Crystal and Scott,

I am very thankful for your kind review. I imagine how busy you both probably are with the kids at the beach. I hope Manta is what you expected and more. Please keep me posted when you will find the perfect area to set your home in Ecuador.

My love to the kids, I would love to see you all again. You have a home base in Quito any time you need it.

Enjoy the search of your dream home!!!
Maria K
Covington, Kentucky
“Owner with first class connections, valuable knowledge, and beautiful property”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Travelled to Quito for 21 days with our college age daughter to visit the Galapagos Islands and tour the Inca ruins, Devil's Nose railroad, Gateway to the Amazon, Cotopaxi National Park, Otavalo marketplace, Cuenca, rose export plantations, Ecuadorian lakes throughout the country, the museums in Quito and colonial downtown. We couldn't have found a better person than Sandra, the owner of this property, to help us with information and logistics while visiting Ecuador. The location of her very spacious, comfortable, and beautifully decorated apartment was a big plus. It is a safe and quiet area, easily accessible to everywhere in the city for $1 to $2 cab rides. We felt very lucky that we WERE NOT surrounded by the protesters and demonstrations that gather close to La Carolina park where the government's leading party's headquarters are located. This apartment is definitely in a much safer and calmer area. It has EVERYTHING in the kitchen and in perfectly working condition. The bathroom was huge. I was glad to have a handbook that the owner had prepared with all kinds of useful information and plenty of guide books about touring Ecuador available in the apartment. Sandra is a well travelled and sophisticated Ecuadorian who certainly knows how to be a perfect host. Wifi is FAST and reliable, perfect for my daughter's and son's summer research objectives, plus my husband can work from Ecuador and contact the rest of the world without any problems thanks to the apartment's great connectivity. Look no further, Sandra is your best resource for your Ecuadorian stay. Her property met our needs beyond our picky teenagers' expectations and business/work related requests. We are going back and we have already booked to stay at Sandra's place again!

Liked best: Safe location, fast/reliable Wifi, very resourceful owner
Liked least: Apartment phone is not wireless. But no big deal, really.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
23 Jun 2015
Malu, thank you very much for your kind review. My biggest satisfaction is to know that you had a pleasant stay and even better, you are coming back very soon with the rest of the family. I am looking forward to meet them and to see you again!!!

Have a great come back flight,
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing