“excellent coffee in the right atmosphere”
Review of The Coffee Academy

The Coffee Academy
Ranked #25 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Quito
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a specialized company for Barista Training to coffee shops, restaurants, hotels, etc.. and We have our own Coffee Shop.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“excellent coffee in the right atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

simply very good coffee in a nice place (with a lot of locals right now... :)) the pastery is good, too, though it's the beverages that make the place special.

and, so that i reach the 100 words, the owner just spent at least five minutes explaining us how their coffee is produced and roasted. kind of shows there is passion, no?

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank yetanotherbackpacker

Quito, Ecuador
“Great coffee and great people”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I discovered the coffee academy right after my arrival in Quito, Andres the owner and manager, makes great coffee and great conversation... It is also a nice place to meet expats. I have met a few of my friends there... Also, they make a flat white, which I havent found anywhere else in Quito.

• Visited March 2013
“The Best”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Easily the best coffee in Quito, and as good as anywhere in the world.

As a Sydney-sider and postgrad research student, coffee is very, very important to me. I've been living and travelling in Ecuador for several months now, drinking coffee nearly every day, and nowhere comes close to this place. Drinking coffee in the Plaza Foch is an absolute waste of time (and money!) in comparison: weak, milky and overly frothy glasses that taste like they've been poured out of a carton and microwaved.

Coffee Academy, on the other hand, serves espresso, macchiato, lattes, flat whites even, mochas, capuccinos, plus hot chocolates and a great selection of teas, served with honey, mmm....

In conclusion, a must for coffee-lovers in Ecuador. I only wish they were open on weekends!

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of Ecuador”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been living in Ecuador for almost 4 months and have been looking for some excellent coffee, which is so hard to come by! I stumbled upon this place and highly recommend it! At the moment I am actually researching the coffee industry here in Ecuador and Andres was quick to help me and tell me about the shop. My cappuccino was great, I could tell that they knew what they were doing, the milk was steamed perfectly and the espresso was very tasty! Their coffee is all very high quality! I will definitely be spending more afternoons here before I head home!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Christine H
TheCoffeeAcademy, Owner at The Coffee Academy, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thanks so much for you kind words and for letting us taste your own cap!!! I am happy Baristas stop by for a taste of our organic coffee!! Every single customer matters to us and by delivering service and great coffee we are sure we bring happiness in every cup. I am sure the chart that says ESPRESS YOURSELF will be very famous shortly among the coffee drinkers and lovers.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The best Ecuadorian coffee under one roof!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I spent a semester in Quito a few years ago and fell in love with the coffee. Upon returning to the US, I have searched long and hard to find something as good. On a recent trip back to Ecuador, I had the privilege to visit The Coffee Academy and my search ended! The smell and taste instantly took me back and brought up the most amazing memories. The atmosphere is amazing, the service is superb, and the coffee is near perfection! I will be frequenting The Coffee Academy often during my stay here and each time I come back!

• Visited April 2013