“Don´t count on them”

Ranked #33 of 228 Quito B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Don´t count on them”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We made a reservation and got it confirmed even twice-the second time the day of arrival. But when we showed up they pretendet not to know anything about it. No excuses no nothing. Very rude! So if you want to be sure to get a room, go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank taunusdrache

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

This place is Awesome ! It is perfect for what I wanted and the Price is Right ! Staff ... Awesome !
Very helpful with every question I asked. I was even given a Nickname which seems to be what I get everywhere i go ! LOL WiFi worked great so i could keep in touch with emails and Facebook when i got back from my daily adventures ! Walking distance to anything I wanted. Breakfast and coffee was delicious ! But most of all I loved meeting with the other guests every evening after our adventures in the common guest area and enjoying some beer or wine and having a Blast ! I make friends for life every time I go there and we stay in touch on Facebook ! I can't wait to go back ! Johnny

Room Tip: Private room with a private shower.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LWJOHNNY
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here almost a week in late March 2012.
Clean room, private bath/consistent hot water, lots of pressure. Good value, especially with free Wi-Fi and breakfast included. Wi-Fi worked excellent.
Guests have kitchen privileges, bottled drinking water available 24/7.
Excellent security.
Very friendly, and helpful staff!!
Just a couple of blocks walk to the center of Mariscal shopping, restaurant, nightlife area.
I'll readily stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank marcos m
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed a couple of nights at Hostal Alcala. If you want to stay in Gringolandia/Mariscal, this place is great. The rooms were big enough, the bathrooms were small, but with good water pressure and stable temperatures, and everything was clean. The breakfast was great! Buffet style for coffee/tea/hot milk and toast. They made you eggs and gave you fruit and juice. Very filling for those of us with larger appetites. We paid about $17 per person per night with breakfast included. The beds are a little old but good enough for us. We were not too crazy about the neighborhood, very noisy and not very safe, but the hostal is very good about locking the doors and they give you the keys to the outside gate to get in at night. The gentleman (Jorge, I think?) at the desk is very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WorldCitizen19
Walton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. Decent breakfast and great location. Little loud on a Friday night for a while (noise not from the hostel but a neighborhood bar) but got quiet by 11:00. Staff was great, did our laundry, got a taxi ordered for us successfully, at really early times in the am to the airport, my friend left at 4:00 and mine was at 5:15. Able to walk to lots of restaurants. Also had an internet computer available. We had intended to stay at Posada del Maple but they were full and sent us here. You can use the kitchen and also they have filtered water. And there was always hot water, didn't have to ask for it as we had to at some places. The double room was $16 a piece including taxes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank maryjanerafferty
Princeton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I reserved a room at Hostal Alcala more than a month in advance, and confirmed a week beforehand, but when I arrived at the hotel around midnight (I told them I was going to arrive late) after a long bus ride, there was no room for me. I had to go to several other nearby hotels, all of which were full, before settling for a shared room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Neomorphus

Travellers are raving about these Quito hotels

Sosnowiec, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Very near to the new town center. Friendly staff but they don't speak english. They have kitchen for tourists' use. Price $25/night (couple). A lot of various channels on TV.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple