All reviewsquiet streetplaza fochhot watersecurity gateexcellent place to staysmall hotelcommon areasthe hotel staffnoisereceptionistecuadorlaundryairporthummingbirdsneighborhoodtaxis
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Service is terrible at this hostel. There is a lot of noise at night (not in the street but inside the same hostel). Rooms have bare walls and you have to wait ages for hot water. The worst thing about it is that the staff is really unfriendly, if you complain they won't care. I'm from Ecuador and I've been to incredible places that cost half of what you pay here.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ecuadoriantraveler
Reviewed 12 June 2009

the staff is rude and the owner of the hotel is very rude to the guest if are not european please don't go there. not tv ,no phone .the bathroom so small you can hardly take a bath there . not gay friendlly as advertised in web page
you have to share the tv with other guest same with the phones service is very bad.
i only stayed with my colleagues one night ...and they only take cash no credit card .if you dont pay the extra nights they call the police.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank david3855
Reviewed 9 May 2009

This hotel is in the heart of the Mariscal. That may be a good thing to some people, but we should have realized the proximity to so much street noise. We stayed there during some of the presidential campaign parades at night...and during a weekend. Earplugs were provided, and were essential. They did help a lot. We stayed in 2 different rooms, and although small, they did offer some sensible storage space for your belongings.

The staff was very trustworthy, and willing to assist with whatever questions we posed. In addition, the pre-trip arrangements were handled professionally and no money was required to confirm the room.

The standard breakfast was not that memorable (only bread, marmalade, coffee, juice), but you can buy additional items at very affordable prices.

The main complaint for us would be the location -- the noise and a little too close to the Mariscal action. Our room faced the street and people were under our window late at night, playing guitar, smoking, drinking, etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LYFB
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Funny that lynn mentions that earplugs were essential, because I was there the third weekend of January and earplugs were avaiable at the reception. It is in deed a little noisy saturday nights, but stil I think it is probably one of the most quiet hotels around the area since it is in a little side street. It was very nice, clean and definitely good value.

Before getting there this hotel was recommended to me by a couple I met back home in Spain and later on when making a reservation the owner was very kind in taking the time to respond all my questions in several mails and helping me organize my time in Ecuador. The hotel also offers a cheap shuttle service from the airport, I actually had the same owner (a polish lady... I cant remeber her name) of the place waiting for me at the airport.

I had also a pretty room with a small table/chair and a window with a garden view which was great, since not many houses in Quito have gardens.

Definetly the best things about it are: the location, the friendly english speaking staff, free Internet & Wireless and the general fact that is a little cute house/hotel, very confortable with HOT WATER 24/7.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 January 2009

The very helpful staff, the location (on the quiet street close to so much), wifi, & the clean rooms made this place a wonderful spot for me. I stayed here before & after my Galapagos tour. The breakfast was just ok but, for 2 dollars you could get a fabulous breakfast next door at the Big Sur. Also, 50 yards down the street was a laundry that would return your clothes back to the hotel for you. The Cayman will do laundry also but this was much cheaper. I will say for me earplug were essential.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lynn_from_Louisiana